Team tactics

Fellow FM addicts,

This may be a daft question but I'll ask it anyway.

When you set up your team formation and individual responsibilities eg. CF set to deep lying or target man.

Is that set-up for any player that takes up that position or just the individual you select.

ie. if I make a sub does the sub become a deep lying FW because player he replaced was set to that even thou that might not be his strengths.

Sounds confusing..even to me.. not quite articulating my point.

Can you set each individual in your squad to a certain role and it is applied each time they are on the pitch or do you have to keep changing it manually?

hope this makes some kind of sense!

Ta.

thanks swarfega

i suspected that.

doesnt that sound wrong thou? an option to individualise each players role in order to play to their strengths would be useful.

this would mean you could make subs based on how the game is going and select the player that can make the change you need.

ie. if your Deep FW is having a 'mare you with 10 mins to go sticking a natural advanced or target man on cud make the diff. as it stands and how i now understand it to be your natural target man would simply replace the DL FW, he'd just be as ineffectual surely?

is there a way around this with the labourious act of changing settings each time or am i just being lazy or pedantic (or both)

thanks

Ross101, This is an old chestnut. Down the years, myself and many others have thought that it would be easier to be able to individualise the settings for each player. However, I assume that SI, after all this time must know far better than myself.

Yeah it would be very handy to have personal instructions per player. It's almost always a "striker" problem, rather than anywhere else on the pitch - the big striker, small striker conundrum. Perhaps central midfielders too, to a lesser extent.

Archived