Barcelona & Messi

People say that fm doesn't portray the way messi and barca play in real life and the match engine is not good enough to do so.Which is kind of true but not in my case... The raped me. I'm chelsea and double winners, I knocked a very good Real Madrid side out of the quarter- final then drew barca and got beat on a total aggregate score of 5-1 and my tactics wernt that bad.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwgFb9c0mPA

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=29bbsoy&s=7 (sorry not great quality)

here's a chance I created with Swansea trying to play a similar way to Barcelona. FM can play great football ...

Great one/two touch play. If you pause it just after my CB heads it to the midfielder, then you'll see the system. Diamond (Busq, Xav, Ini, Messi) ...but my Swansea players and my left back (who delivers the cross galloping forward) as well as Villa/Pedro in forward wing wing positions. Beautiful.

my arsenal team seem to be very barcelona like, i play a 4-2-3-1 with wingers and jack wilshere (playing attacking midfield) is very messi like whilst the regens in the centre are very dictating and we don't often do long balls, our record sequence (from what i've counted) is a 43 pass move which was extremely impressive especially with the amount of backheels

my arsenal team seem to be very barcelona like, i play a 4-2-3-1 with wingers and jack wilshere (playing attacking midfield) is very messi like whilst the regens in the centre are very dictating and we don't often do long balls, our record sequence (from what i've counted) is a 43 pass move which was extremely impressive especially with the amount of backheels

can you upload a goal

Ive never seen celebrations like in the first video, my guys usually just run around waving there hands like morons, would love to see more stomach slides.

Actually they are quite offten in the game, and at every level.

But a new batch of animation packs are always welcome, celebrations, passes, dribbles!!!

In my game they play a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 tactic and definitely play like Barca does in RL. They play a very quick and precise passing game through the middle and often score fantastic goals. When they play 4-5-1 variations under Guardiola they are not even close to looking like RL Barcelona.

I think my team play Barcelona-like, currently on a 44 match unbeaten run. Quite often destroy teams with my quick passing build up. Hazard and Tosic seem to play Messi-like, often making mazy runs to leave defenders for dead before scoring a great goal.

I think both are fine as they are. Barcelona continue to dominate in la liga in my save and Messi the world player of the year award. My Pato has lost out to him twice in a row, which makes me think it's more a popularity contest than actually rewarding the best player.

I've only faced them 3 times in the champions league (twice in the semi final and then in the final the next year). The first was a 2-1 home win, (56-44% in my favour) but they seemed to have taken a defensive approach. Second was a 1-0 away win, which I think was lucky as I only managed to get 6 shots, possession was 48-52% my favour, but I play a possession game myself. And the final was a 3-1 extra time win which was completely on pure luck. They were missing Messi and Villa to injury, a Daniel Alves own goal and the lost their star left back and lost their central defender to injury in the 99th minute after using up all their subs which allowed me to score in the 100th and 102nd minute. Possession was once again 56-44% in my favour.

In they last five seasons, they have won the league 4 times in a row and are currently 1 point behind R. Madrid with a game in hand.

People say that fm doesn't portray the way messi and barca play in real life and the match engine is not good enough to do so.Which is kind of true but not in my case... The raped me. I'm chelsea and double winners, I knocked a very good Real Madrid side out of the quarter- final then drew barca and got beat on a total aggregate score of 5-1 and my tactics wernt that bad.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwgFb9c0mPA

I agree that Barcelona's quality is shown by the ME, but I don't think it gets their style of play consistently right, nor the movement of the likes of Iniesta and Messi. It isn't a million miles away though.

By the way, I removed the link to your first goal as it used an unofficial camera angle, just in case you were wondering :)

I agree that Barcelona's quality is shown by the ME, but I don't think it gets their style of play consistently right, nor the movement of the likes of Iniesta and Messi. It isn't a million miles away though.

By the way, I removed the link to your first goal as it used an unofficial camera angle, just in case you were wondering :)

Just out of curiosity, why does that make a difference?

Archived