can't offer enough wages - any solutions?

i'm struggling to keep 4 of my key players. Their all curently on roughly 55k but want about 90k to sign. I can only offer max 65k even though i've got plently of wage budget left. Any ideas peeps?

What squad status are you offering them? If you increase their status then you might be able to offer them a new contract on the higher wages. Failing that then Acidburns idea should work.

Offering all key player. I'll have to bow to the agents exortionate figures then i suppose.

They might be fees you would rather not pay but when used correctly agents can save us a lot of money. By giving the agent £1 million more I have got players to sign for 40k instead of 60k on a four year contract that is a good saving.

Giving the agent more money is one good way, giving them a release clause is another. The best one of all is to reduce the release clause compared to the one he wants - a few million in reduction may equal both 10 and 20k less per week.

LMAO Miroslav Stoch saw them coming didnt he!!

In answer to the OP, personally if your having to seriously restructure or compromise your financial status just to keep them Id get rid now, sell them for massive profit, in FM there is always someone as good but cheaper and less greedy.

Did you try less money for more years? I was able to sign a guy who wanted 325k per year for 3 years, for 99k per year for 5 years. I did have to give him the max appearance fee (2.5k) but I still saved a ton of money I didn't really have. I honestly didn't think he would go for it but you never know until you try. The worst they will do is turn you down.

• 1 month later...

Id say negotiate, then offer the agents larger and more substantial amounts, this will create a good rappor with them! I've found this allows you to bag the good stuff if that makes sense? :confused: talking of rappors, check my thread out -> "What do you do when the enemy hates the fact your a FM warrior" - suggestions welcome fellow FM jedis, don't get me wrong I love her to bits even thinking of popping the question, but you must know what its like -> Shes a bit of a moaner when it comes to FM time!!! :mad: suggestions needed ASAP before I do someting I regret

Archived