2nd Season Syndrome

In my 1st season in charge I thought I had it cracked with the formation I used as I was winning quite comfortably against teams and consequently won the league and 2 domestic cups. Im certain that I have improved my squad but for some reason the tactics I used last year are failing to produce the goods. My players are really good quality so Im perplexed as to why this is happening- does the AI "suss" out your tactics after a while and adapt or are my players underperforming badly?

All things don't come 100% from your tactic. FM is a micro-management game. So you need to take care of training, morale, squad status, squad rotation, jadedness, team talk etc.....

If you make little errors in each sector, after a few moment it's added and a big trouble arrived and your team is not performing as before but unfortunatly too late to know which sector is the fault....you need to think about your management method

The AI does not "suss out" your tactics. Perhaps in the first season you weren't expected to do well and were a surprise package, but now you are expected to win games so the AI plays more defensively minded against you, causing your tactic to be less successful?

Difficult to tell without some more info. Let us know which team you are, and where you were expected to finish.

Or it could be that you have improved your squad by bringing in lots of new players, but they are not yet gelling. This often happens if you have a lot of new faces. Again, give a little more info and perhaps we can help.

Archived