[FM12] Please show us when a substitution is made by the AI.

Hi, on FM12 I'd like there to be a little pop up box on the match screen (like when a player receives a yellow or red card) showing the players name when a substitution is made.

Maybe with a red arrow next to the name of the player coming off, and a green arrow next to the name of the players coming on.

While playing FM11 with Key highlights i regulary don't even realise that the AI has made a Sub, sometimes I don't even notice untill after a match, that the AI were playing with 10 men during the game because they had used all 3 of their subs early on in the match and then got an injury etc.

Sometimes I'll see it on the commentary bar but it's easily missed, the only way to tell is by clicking on the match stats screen. But when playing with key highlights it switches to the match screen fairly quickly, so I don't have time to look at who's been subbed and at what minute etc.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be a nice easy little feature for SI to add. Keeping you upto date during the match, by seeing a little box pop up with the name of the two players when a substitution is made. :thup:

Same trouble with full match....it's like a cheating for the IA, as substitute don't received opponent instruction and can be free of marking and used this advantage to score...

Why don't you give them OIs before they come on then?

Also it's just me or those messages "they are looking for options on the final third" or "they are operating more defensively" don't show as often as they used to? It used to be a really good indication of how the AI is playing but now i very rarely see those messages.

Wait, you can give the subs OI before they are on the pitch? how did i not know this? Can this be done right at the start of the match?

Yes, you can give the subs OI at the start of the match. But the point is those subs may not play at their best positions after they came on, so you need to determine the applied OI should be kept or not.

I'd like a warning that some players are stripping-off their training gear which is an indication of an impending substitution, and have a button to click that allows me to react to it (immediately opens tactics screen up). That way I have the opportunity to immediately counter any threat. For example, if Messi is coming on, I may want to immediately bring on a specific player to counter Messi or change my tactic to counter him, not wait until the ball goes out of play after Messi comes on (which might likely be a goal, by Messi himself).

Well I'd like the AI substitutions to be limited to when the ball goes out of play in their favour just like it is for the human manager... I lose count of how often the AI can make subs when I have the ball but very rarely (read never) do my substitutions happen when the ball has goine out in favour of the AI...

sooo annoying..

Even in full-match mode it can be hard to spot when the AI makes a substitution... it really needs to be clearer, perhaps have the camera "view" pan to the halfway line to show the subs coming on or something similar?

Just play with the player ratings open. It's there, if you don't use it don't blame the developer. Also it says it in the commentary.

From what I've seen, it doesn't always mention half time changes.

Plus, I quite like having my player ratings and motivation on split screen view :(

One other thing that I have been noticing every time it happens now (which is to say it could have been happening all the time, but only recently have I noticed it) is that if the AI makes half-time subs and I hit the 'ask assistant' button for OIs, nothing happens. I have to read the Assman's recommendation and manually input them or they won't take effect until later, usually after allowing a fluke goal.

Why won't this button work at halftime as it does at the beginning of the match? I thought the point of having this option was to cut down on the massive amounts of detail I have to look after? If the button won't work when it needs to, why have it?

One other thing that I have been noticing every time it happens now (which is to say it could have been happening all the time, but only recently have I noticed it) is that if the AI makes half-time subs and I hit the 'ask assistant' button for OIs, nothing happens. I have to read the Assman's recommendation and manually input them or they won't take effect until later, usually after allowing a fluke goal.

Why won't this button work at halftime as it does at the beginning of the match? I thought the point of having this option was to cut down on the massive amounts of detail I have to look after? If the button won't work when it needs to, why have it?

Bring it up in the bugs forum if it's not already there. Same happens if you make subs and try the "ask assistant" team talk button at half time.

ive brought this up in the bugs section, unfortunately it wasnt fixed for 11.3, hopefully it will be for fm12

I await the day they stop showing the final 5 minutes of the game in highlight mode... It's yawn worthy, sometimes we're 3-0 up or whatever I really don't give a flying hoot for the "tense final minutes of a game where sod all will happen but the clock winding down ever soooooo sloooooooowly". Just skip to the final whistle, the game does that enough when *I'M* losing ¬_¬

At the risk of annoying some of you:

1. If you're watching the match on key highlights, it's your choice not to pay enough attention. When the key highlights are shown on TV the editor doesn't generally include substitutions. The problem is solved when you use extended highlights.

2. As pointed out, you can allocate OIs to the whole squad before the match begins - I do that every time.

3. Another solution is to bring up the oppo players' ratings or motivation widget - you see at a glace when a change is made.

In short, it's all there in the game already.

Another stupidly annoying thing is when you put "man marking" on say there defensive midfielder (for one of my strikers) just to make up the 3 in the middle .....and then whenever they switch players (which can be often) ...check the match screen at 60 minutes and your striker is man marking their left winger as they switched the positions all around. I'd rather it be stuck to a position rather than an actual man as such.

1. If you're watching the match on key highlights, it's your choice not to pay enough attention. When the key highlights are shown on TV the editor doesn't generally include substitutions. The problem is solved when you use extended highlights.

2. As pointed out, you can allocate OIs to the whole squad before the match begins - I do that every time.

3. Another solution is to bring up the oppo players' ratings or motivation widget - you see at a glace when a change is made.

I don't play with the TV veiw, I prefer the classic view switching back and forth from the information screen.. so the widget option is not for me

On programs such as MOTD and Premier League Review etc your right they don't show you the substitution, but they still show little box in the bottom corner, informing you of the players that were substituted during the match.

unledbb.jpg

unledogv.jpg

I'd still like there to be a little icon box with extended highlights, when it shows a player walking off it just says 'Rooney is coming off and Owen is coming on' in the Comentary bar at the bottom.

I think it would be smarter with a little icon box at the same time showing the full names of the players going off/ coming on. :thup:

Another stupidly annoying thing is when you put "man marking" on say there defensive midfielder (for one of my strikers) just to make up the 3 in the middle .....and then whenever they switch players (which can be often) ...check the match screen at 60 minutes and your striker is man marking their left winger as they switched the positions all around. I'd rather it be stuck to a position rather than an actual man as such.

That could be handy, but what if the AI changes formation..

I mean, say if you set OI's on the AI's left wing position, and then the AI switches to a 4-2-4 there is no left wing position.

I was going to say the same things myself. I'd prefer to watch matches in full detail every time, but I never get anywhere when I do, so I strike a balance and go for extended highlights.

I must say I watch everything carefully and I rarely miss substitutions by the AI, so how anyone could miss them in full detail is beyond me. It could be clearer, yes, but if you are paying attention then you really should know what is going on.

Don't the highlights even stop when subs are made? For sure it can sometimes be fast, but only if you're in a dreamworld will you miss that.

I don't play with the TV veiw, I prefer the classic view switching back and forth from the information screen.. so the widget option is not for me

On programs such as MOTD and Premier League Review etc your right they don't show you the substitution, but they still show little box in the bottom corner, informing you of the players that were substituted during the match.

unledbb.jpg

unledogv.jpg

I'd still like there to be a little icon box with extended highlights, when it shows a player walking off it just says 'Rooney is coming off and Owen is coming on' in the Comentary bar at the bottom.

I think it would be smarter with a little icon box at the same time showing the full names of the players going off/ coming on. :thup:

At least someone that understands, how hard can it be to think about these things? C'mon SI, use your brains!

I was going to say the same things myself. I'd prefer to watch matches in full detail every time, but I never get anywhere when I do, so I strike a balance and go for extended highlights.

I must say I watch everything carefully and I rarely miss substitutions by the AI, so how anyone could miss them in full detail is beyond me. It could be clearer, yes, but if you are paying attention then you really should know what is going on.

Don't the highlights even stop when subs are made? For sure it can sometimes be fast, but only if you're in a dreamworld will you miss that.

I play with Key highlights, I never said (I don't think) that I miss the subs whilst playing with the full match/extended highlights. :thup:

I guess I drifted away from my point, I'm not moaning about missing substitutions that's not the main reason I started this thread.

I just think it would be nice if we had a little icon box pop up showing the subs on the match screen with extended/full.. etc highlights. (like on the 2 images above)

It's not hard to miss when a player is booked or sent off either, as it shows you in the commentary bar (just like it does for substitutions) but you also get a little icon box on the match screen showing you a picture of a yellow/red card, and the player's name that was sent off or booked.

• 1 month later...

unledbb.jpg

unledogv.jpg

Like it! Great idea. :thup:

Ok, clearly some people are not for this.

Maybe I'm one of the few who think it would be a nice little feature, to have a pop box with the subs, just the same as you get a little pop up box with a picture of a yellow card, when a player is booked.

It's nothing major whatsoever, I just thought it would have looked smarter with a little subs pop up box. :thup:

I am for more information, so I think this is a good idea. The fact that you -can- spot any changes the AI manager does at any time, does not mean that some of that information could not become more available to the player.

Archived