Regarding The 3D Match Engine

I have just started to use the 3D match engine and I am finding that it has enhanced my FM11 experience considerably. 1 question I have is do you see very repetitive types of goals like you would in FIFA? I have seen already in 3 games a couple of crosses that have been met by a sliding striker. For and against I'd like to add so it's not just because I have crosses set to drilled.

Basically what I'm asking will you see the exact same type of goal scored over and over again? and does it become predictable when goals will come about. Thank you in advance.

There is a fair bit of variety but if you play on key highlights and use the same tactics chances are you'll see similar goals from time to time.

Yeah that is how I tend to view games. I do like to mix up my tactics though, I hear doing that too much will be detrimental to my teams performances though.

Well in the BSS/BSN you aren't going to see a lot of goals from free kicks or pile drivers from 30 yards. Mainly just scrappy goals in the box, keepers dropping the ball, defenders conceding penalties etc. etc. In other words more goals that are because of mistakes by the defending players rather than skill from the attackers.

A lot depends on your tactics, style of play, players, weather conditions and opponents, but you'll see that there's miles more variety of goals scored in Football Manager than there is in Fifa Manager (where goals seem scripted since they're so predictable!). You'll see a big difference in the quality of goals scored too as you move up the leagues. Welcome to 3D ;)

Well in the BSS/BSN you aren't going to see a lot of goals from free kicks or pile drivers from 30 yards. Mainly just scrappy goals in the box, keepers dropping the ball, defenders conceding penalties etc. etc. In other words more goals that are because of mistakes by the defending players rather than skill from the attackers.

I do not agree with the first part. In my BSN Boston United save I've seen several 30 yard pile drivers. More than I've seen in my Juventus save. Ok, most long shots in the BSN are no where near the goal, but when the ball finally hit most often it's a goal. Almost never seen any spectacular saves. GKs in the BSN suck big time - so as I say to my players: If you can shoot the ball 30 yards and you're within 30 yards of the goal - SHOOT!

Archived