Whats your most spectacular throw away of three points

Inspired by the top screenshot that happened yesterday...

Bottled.png

3-1 up, lost 4-3. Nothing too special, just I dont usually lose from two goals up :D Antoine Griezmann was a little terror...

I think I felt like Arsene Wenger when he lost against Tottenham after the above, minus the throwing water bottles.

SheffWedvFulhamOverview.png

The most gutting loss of 3 points I've ever had.

I know people have had worse :)

I was going against Bayern for the Champions League. We beat them twice the year before when we were in the same group. We had 57% of the possession and they scored at 89th minute, winning 1-0. They won the Champions League, and this was the second time in a row that we lost in the final. The previous year we lost to Real Madrid 3-0, the previous game before for that one I had used Stotari as a goalkeeper and I had thought that I changed him for Buffon for the Real Madrid match, boy was I wrong.

Yesterday I've lost 0-4, I was totally in control of the match, just couldn't score. They scored 3 direct free kicks and a corner :(.

Yeah had similar things happen to me. Drives me crazy! The worst part is the news articles afterwards that suggest a thrashing took place. Makes it hard to take.

Mine was second leg of the champions league semi final against Inter. They were 2-1 up i was happy with an away goal.

70 minutes into the second half of the second leg i am 2-0 up. I decide to give my aging legendary left back a run out. Within 5 minutes hes tracking back with the winger, slips, lets him in and the winger slots it home.

Get to penalties, reasonably confident have a good record with them. They miss the 4th penalty meaning i have to score, who steps up? The legendary left back, fires it straight at the keeper. Nothing much i could do there.

Getting knocked out of the Champions League at any stage has got to be the most gutting feeling you can have on Football Manager, although the world cup is every 4 years it's just not the same becuase i'm never as passionate about managing a national team as I am managing a club.

My copa finals in my Santos save. 0-4 was the score. Had 12 players away on international games. Three was with the Brazil National team 2 with the Argentina team and the rest was U21 Brazil. They took my starters, both STs, AMC, MR, one CB the best one, DL, GK. To top it all off I had enough players but they weren't registered in the compitition. WTF...... Had 3 players who were totally red at their position. My bench was 2 GK, I had to laugh cause one of my CBs got injured and I had to put a GK at his position.

Why couldn't they change the schedule for me to have a chance at the Championship. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was only a throw away of one point but it was spectacular. My team had the ball at 92 minutes with two minutes of stopage time. My southampton was tied with Birmingham city. The game let the play continue as it does, but obviously since I had the ball and we were moving past the stopage time I could only tie or win. My player on the right moves past midfield and lets the ball get a bit in front of him. A birmingham player runs up and kicks it over my goalee's head and into the goal to win the game.

Archived