What do you do between games?

So, usually there is a game every weekend with the odd mid week game. But, what do you usually do between games, apart from pressing the 'continue' button.

I'm still on FM 09, managing in league 2. My 'hands on' rating is a woeful 8, I think. With that rating so low, I feel that I am missing something, something that can perhaps lead to better performances on the pitch.

So, what do you guys do during the week? And how do you increase your 'hands on' approach overall? :)

Thanks and happy playing :)

- Check my finances

- Check my scouting knowledge

- See if any "clause buy-outs" have been arranged by my board

- Interact with the board to see if any feeder clubs added, or extra coaches perhaps

- See how my loaned out players are getting on

- Check my backroom advice

- Read these forums

- Look at pictures of Kim Kardashian

- Do some work for my boss...

Your hands-on rating is affected by things like whether you manage the reserves/youth, attend press conferences, opposition instructions, contract renewals, etc. Basically anything you can choose to allow your assistant to do.

My hands-on is very low, because I let my assistant do most things. During the week I do things such as scout players, rest my players if tired and have a midweek game, reject endless offers for my players, have private chats when they are unhappy, read scout report on next opposition, etc. Before I know it, its time to play the next game.

I normally read a book whilst im waiting for the game to process!

Other than that I really only repsond to news items and maybe ask my scouts to search for a particular type of player. I very rarely do anything other than what I think my club needs at that time. I dont bother looking at other leagues too much becasue my machine is slow anyway, so I wanna just get to the nitty gritty!

Yeah, I always attend press conferences, deal with contracts, change the training routines sometimes.

To be honest, though, I haven't bothered too much with our U18s or the reserve teams (Hereford) as they are not really up to much. With my previous team, though, I spend a lot of time with the reserves too.

I guess I should do more with my scouts, get them out there more, looking for players.

I often look at the transfer rumours, often there are a few talented players mentioned in there, then I add them to my shortlist.

Anything else to do midweek?

Your hands-on rating is affected by things like whether you manage the reserves/youth, attend press conferences, opposition instructions, contract renewals, etc. Basically anything you can choose to allow your assistant to do.

I'm not convinced by that. I always seem to have 100% for hands on rating despite leaving press conferences, opposition instructions, and reserves/youth to my assistant. I do all the contracts, tactics and training myself though.

Archived