fm 2012 poll

your best expectation for fm 2012  

538 members have voted

1. 1. your best expectation for fm 2012

Main thing I think needs a real overhaul is the scouting module, it should take a far longer time to develop a coherent opinion on a player (just as it does IRL) and the opinions should be less reliable even for good scouts.

There also needs to be a much more intuitive way to tell your scouts to go and look around for something specific that you want, or to bias towards a certain type of player in their regular scouting assignments.

Also, scouts need to have more personality, some scouts will simply like different types of player, both in the way that they play and in their general attitude. Some scouts will have a great eye for who has the raw ability to make a top-class striker but may be a bit more shaky when it comes to a defender.

Animations/Engine. How can I judge anything if what I'm seeing doesn't correspond to what the match engine has calculated? Why are my Blue Square level players making perfect 40 yard one-touch passes all the time? But their passing is at most 11/20.

Non of the above; Regens and fine tuning of player's development, especially because of the fact that regens lack flair overall (even South American regens!), and the consistency and important matches attributes hardly ever improve.

In a second priority tactics, I want the arrows back.

More options for loaning out players.

More boardroom interaction. Like asking the board for more than one feeder club at a time. Maybe ask them for a work permit club and a club to raise your profile at the same time. Do clubs really only try to do one every 6 months? I dont think so.

Sort out agents and also the wages that 15 year old regens want. Its stupid that a regen on £55 a week in one of the poorest countries in the world will reject £5000 a week because they wont go any lower than £12000.

Condense media items into one message rather than have 6 messages that require no interaction all being seperate. Why click through 6 when they could all be in one. Once you have read a couple they become a waste of time anyway. You already know what it will say from the headline. Very repetetive.

Tutoring. As soon as a player has tutored somebody, they should be available to start tutoring somebody else straight away. Why have you got to wait months before you can ask them again. Does this happen IRL? I think not.

All of the above. FM11 was one of the best versions I've played but I'm still greedy. I want FM12 to be even better.

Improved international managing and better dynamic sponsorship would be greatly appreciated, in particular, though.

Guest markyosullivan
All of the above. FM11 was one of the best versions I've played but I'm still greedy. I want FM12 to be even better.

Improved international managing and better dynamic sponsorship would be greatly appreciated, in particular, though.

Dynamic Sponsorship!

My biggest quibble is that I am always scratching around for user-designed updates to keep my game up to date.

I was discussing with a friend a great way of keeping it up to date, and that would be by SI offering monthly updates (with all changes like transfers etc made, league tables - the lot), but in exchange for a small fee - perhaps £2.50-£5.00 per month? This may also go some way to making up for the loss of revenue FML going offline would make.

I think the biggest issue is the long-term game. Regens, attribute development (especially as it concerns the relatively static hidden stats), AI youth development and AI squad-building are huge issues that need to be addressed. After a few seasons, the game just seems to come apart at the seams. Regens need to conform to more logical player types while older players should improve considerably in the mental game and areas like consistency/pressure.

Next, I would like to see a bigger challenge at the top. Not everyone wants to play Crawley Town. Many of us want to play big teams with big budgets while still facing a serious challenge for European qualification. As it stands, it's too easy to take 90+ points in your first season with teams like Liverpool, Villa and Tottenham... a feat that only gets easier with the long-term game problems.

Finally, as I've argued elsewhere, the effect of complacency has been grossly overstated to make up for the Match Engine's shoddy depiction of defensive play. Defensive AI and defensive, anti-futbol tactics need a major overhaul. I would also like to see the quality gap amidst the Premier League table narrowed. As we saw last season, teams like Blackpool aren't the hapless, 10-points-in-a-good-season dopes that FM11 would have you believe.

I would love to see journalistic relationships improved so that you can CHOOSE which journalist to speak to about what.

Would really add some realism to the game.

Yeah press conferences need some polish. I get quickly bored of answering the same questions week in and and week out. I imagine that managers themselves rather get sick of the press and predicatable questions. Perhaps they are just too realistic!

Seriously though, perhaps having a larger pool of questions, or asking the same questions in a variety of ways week on week would help some.

I think the biggest issue is the long-term game. Regens, attribute development (especially as it concerns the relatively static hidden stats), AI youth development and AI squad-building are huge issues that need to be addressed. After a few seasons, the game just seems to come apart at the seams. Regens need to conform to more logical player types while older players should improve considerably in the mental game and areas like consistency/pressure.

Next, I would like to see a bigger challenge at the top. Not everyone wants to play Crawley Town. Many of us want to play big teams with big budgets while still facing a serious challenge for European qualification. As it stands, it's too easy to take 90+ points in your first season with teams like Liverpool, Villa and Tottenham... a feat that only gets easier with the long-term game problems.

That and Press conferences Dull, repetitious and unavoidable they need a major rethink.

You have F your poll by letting us vote on more then one feature by the way.

Who voted for the board and player chats ffs, the training and scouting need a massive overhaul to make you want to use it, getting the basics right rises way above the board and player cack options.

Anything involving interactions (media, players, press conferences, board etc.) It needs real depth if it's ever going to work. Also I think training could do with a real, thorough update, just to add more to the game really

For me its Press Conferences, they are repetitive and boring and after the first few I get tired of it and let my Assistant handle it. Seeing as I am a woman as well, perhaps a few questions here and there about it other then the initial press conference. Basically anything that has interactions really needs an overhaul.

Tactics (and by extension the ME): the game has suffered significantly as a result of nerfing them and a really massive overhaul is in order. I couldn't care less about the bling like interactions if the core of the game - transfers and tactics/matches, i.e. the things that were already there in CM 1 - needs improvement.

Specifically: a replacement for arrows (or bring them back and just implement them sensibly, but taking them out was a mistake without a replacement), separate width sliders instead of the useless team one, the ability to position players much more freely would be ideal, individual player instructions to avoid micromanagement.

For me the first are

- scouting as it's too easy and really fast ( few days )in FM to get a player with quiet less risk.

- training, in real life a manager spend more time than few clicks to make a triang programs, to get detailed reports or real view training etc...

Secondly

- press conferences ( more fun with visual confernece for exemple and more irritating questions )

- media in général ( with more fun, more wrong rumours, more polls, more ststistics, more interviews of player, wirth of course more interaction )

- more talks with the player, specially during the half time or before ( too less choices now )

Third :

- match engine ( problem with defence )

- 3D animations ( closer views to see more the player acion )

- match analysis : I'm not using this one, It seems useless as we should have some video cuts o analys the mistakes th positionning etc..

Archived