Decisions Decisions Decisions

Shall I leave Everton for Real Madrid?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I leave Everton for Real Madrid?

• Yes
    • No

Been manager of Everton for 2.5 seasons - won the premiership twice including this season, FA cup and League cup, we also got through to Semi finals in Champions League but were knocked out. I have also had other successes with league and cup wins at Ajax and Corinthains. My reputation after this season has gone to World Class for the first time ever in my FM playing career.

However, Manchester City have just sacked there manager after coming 2nd to me in the league this season and Jose Mourinho has left Real Madrid to go there.

Real Madrid have now approched me as manager offerinng 147 million in transfer budget and £159 million wager budget. Theu have Ronaldo, Ozil, Marcell etc... and I may not get another opportunity to manage them.

I am developing my Everton team and know which players I have targetted for reinforcements for next season. The board have just added 5000 seats in a stadium expansion but the club is always in debt leaving to bank loams or chairman loans each year (total now of 3 bank loans at 30 million 1 chairman loan of 27 million and 1 chairman loan of 40 million). Im not sure how much I will have to spend if I stay at Everton and if it will be enough for my reinforcments. I have only 1 year now left on my contract so shall I see it out

Do I go to Real Madrid or stay at Everton and try to build on my success.

Id go it sounds like the financial situation at Everton is holding you back, sure its nice to have a challenge, build a team with very little cash. But eventually you'll want to start upgrading your youth facilities, winning the CL regularly, can Everton financially afford that barring a takeover bid?

Id leave, youve done the hard yards, won things this is your chance to outperform the 'special one' and knock Barca off their perch, plus while its easier managing mega bucks sides like Real its a very different experience with whole new challenges, like keeping teams of primadonnas happy :)

Real Madrid it is then. Been contimplating this all day swaying back and forth but believe it to be the right decision as think I have taken Everton as far as I can.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Archived