Please help me.

Well im hoping somebody can provide me with loads of tips on how to be successful as manager of Doncaster Rovers.

I’ve tried and failed so many bloody times and it’s getting so frustrating, im a massive football manager fan and I’m determined to do well as manager of Rovers but I just seem to fail each and everytime, my latest attempt ended in me getting the sack after losing 17 games in a row in the league and sinking to rock bottom, I have no complaints about being sacked as that record is atrocious.

I rarely win games no matter who I sign..

The board expect me to finish around midtable and give me 350k to achieve this, last time round is signed just free agents as that’s all I could really budget for unless I sold my main players, Stock, Sharp and Woods and I just wasn’t prepared to do that.

I had Chelsea as a parent club and loaned some exciting players but no matter who I get they just seem to under perform and morale is just so low and it’s hard to motivate the players.

So please tell me where I am going wrong because its getting me so downbeat but I wont give in!!!

So im going to spend all night researching on tactics,signings,tips,hints and everything.

Thanks !

Well, it's the tactics, or the team talks, or both.

I don't have enough information to help you. There are so many factors that plays in on morale, form and performances that without you and me starting a Doncaster game at the same time nothing I say would be really helpful. I COULD say:

If your whole team have poor morale from the start, try starting as a manager with International Footballer as a background. Go ahead and do that.

Once losing 3-4 matches in a row, you need to talk the players up one by one, so be sure to criticize poor performances both in post-match team talks and individually and praise good performances (You'll soon find out who reacts how).

The team talks when your team has poor morale need to be No Pressure, Wish Luck or You Can Win this - probably the latter is used all the time with small clubs, and Wish Luck is an unsafe bet. Go with No Pressure.

I'll start a game with Doncaster and see how it goes with a simple flat 442 of mine, then come back to you with my findings shortly.

Well, I bought Agustin Torassa for 95k (I started a game with only one nation but 61000 players loaded, so he may be worth 1.5m in your game if you load Argentina - in that case loan him for 14-20k) which is a very good player for Championship clubs like Doncaster. I kicked out the whole staff and hired new ones, including Tony Coton as assistant manager. I also bought a stronger goalkeeper in Aleksander Seliga from Sparta Rotterdam for 85k.

I won the first game home against Swansea 4-0. A bit lucky but Doncaster was the best team. The morale was excellent before the match, and except the lack of hard-working central midfielders the team looks good enough to stay up. There is a lack of physique altogether in the team - a lot of challenges were lost because of this especially in the midfield. I think you should go for a bigger, faster and stronger bunch of players as soon as possible.

As always, try to avoid players with less than 14-15 Determination if you can. None of the two players I signed had that, but then again, I didn't look for very long.

The most important thing, though, is to make sure you win the first match of the season at any cost. As a new manager, you don't have much of a reputation among the players, so the players won't have much faith in you. In addition, a new tactic being half-fluent will make things difficult for you.

Archived