Wage Budget?

I am currently playing as Man U as I am a supporter myself and seeing as it is my first play through of the game I thought I would choose one of the best teams to get me started with the basics.

In my first season I won the Premier Division and the European Champions League and I was quite happy with doing so. I now have been trying to buy Messi off Barcelona as I have more than enough money to do so. So they accept my offer but then I try and offer a contract and I see an insane 300k wage that he expects. Being Man U my wage budget is 140k which is under half of what Messi expects. I have tried to offer the best contract I can to him multiple times now (he even wanted to leave Barcelona and asked to put on the transfer list but alas he still wouldn't accept my offer).

My query is simply how do I up my wage budget? The board keep denying my requests to up it and I am now on my 3rd season and my budget hasn't changed despite winning a lot of cups/leagues. I need to buy Messi :D

Thanks

adjust your wage budget, and after a period of time you'll be able to offer higher wages, i tend to not buy anyone in the first season and just blow all the transfer budget into the wage budget so when it gets to season 2 you have a nice kitty

In my Burnley game that has sinced maxed at 30 seasons I was able to offer upwards of 300k + cant remember the exact number. Although I never paid anyone more than 150k

adjust your wage budget, and after a period of time you'll be able to offer higher wages, i tend to not buy anyone in the first season and just blow all the transfer budget into the wage budget so when it gets to season 2 you have a nice kitty

In my Burnley game that has sinced maxed at 30 seasons I was able to offer upwards of 300k + cant remember the exact number. Although I never paid anyone more than 150k

What do you mean exactly when you say "adjust your wage budget"?

On the Club => Finances screen, there is a button in the bottom right corner of the screen which allows you to sacrifice some transfer kitty for more wage budget (and vice versa).

Thanks, and if I leave it like that with more wage budget after a while my maximum budget will increase?

I haven't confirmed this, but I suspect there is something else which also determines what your maximum wage is, not only how much room there is.

Currently I have:

Financial state: Rich

Transfer budget: £104M

Wage budget: £1259000

Current wage total: £895000

Maximum wage: £140000

Current highest wage: £80000

My wage total has been quite steady, never more than £900000-something, and no one player has ever had more than £90000. Might there be a possibility that either current highest wage or current wage total has something to do with it?

My wage total has been quite steady, never more than £900000-something, and no one player has ever had more than £90000. Might there be a possibility that either current highest wage or current wage total has something to do with it?

i dont think so, I never payed more than 150k, and tbh the player who i payed 150k to only wanted 90k but i felt obliged to reward my 60 goal a season striker. Every other player was on less than 100k, and i could offer 300k +

• SI Staff
I haven't confirmed this, but I suspect there is something else which also determines what your maximum wage is, not only how much room there is.

The game will slowly increase the maximum wage if you have a lot of slack in your budget and are rich and have at least a reasonable transfer budget (ie. haven't simply dumped everything into the wage budget) - play around with transferring funds back and forth and you should find you can sneak it up a bit .... although tbh 140k isn't particularly low imho ;)

Archived