Socre Limit...

...i understand that 6 goals is some sort of score limit? as i have been 6-0 up at half time many times previously, and its finished by that score. I have also read and heard others say they have never scored more than 6.

However (and i have photographic evidence), i saw Man Utd beating Fulham 14-0 away in the Premier League. Is this a bug? Or a freak scoreline that can be achieved? If i need to provide the photo's, i can do :D

highest ive had is 9-0 in an fa cup game against rotherham

ive had loads of 8-0, and 7-0 wins. dying to get to double figures tho!

I'm just dieing to beat 6-0! lol

I could have sworn that i read somewhere about a 6-0 limit?

• SI Staff

As others have mentioned there isn't an artificial limit on scoring in the game - now scores higher than 5-0 are fairly rare (just as they are in real-life) ... but they're entirely possible (both by yourself and computer managed teams).

• SI Staff
Are you all on PSP or iPhone/iPod? As i'm on PSP, and as i said, have never seen above 6-0...even to the point that i would be 6-0 up at half time, make no changes, and it stays 6-0.

Oh btw one thing to bear in mind is that mentally a lot of players will 'ease off' if their team is dominating a game, either relaxing or getting cocky and trying flashy things.

Exactly how a player behaves in these circumstances depends on their personality - younger and less professional players being the worst offenders generally speaking ... if you really want to hammer a team try and get a talented bunch of 'relentless' players together .... they'll show no mercy.

(the other thing you can do is bring on a bench player or two in the second half - remind the other players they're still in a game and hopefully your sub will feel he has something to prove also ..)

Oh btw one thing to bear in mind is that mentally a lot of players will 'ease off' if their team is dominating a game, either relaxing or getting cocky and trying flashy things.

Exactly how a player behaves in these circumstances depends on their personality - younger and less professional players being the worst offenders generally speaking ... if you really want to hammer a team try and get a talented bunch of 'relentless' players together .... they'll show no mercy.

(the other thing you can do is bring on a bench player or two in the second half - remind the other players they're still in a game and hopefully your sub will feel he has something to prove also ..)

Spot on, Marc. There's no better game to watch than my reserve R. Madrid team against a non-league outfit in the Spanish Cup. They sweat blood for a first team spot :)

• SI Staff
No artificial limit? So 32 won't just revert to 0 then? :p

Its stored in an unsigned char if I remember right - so you'd need to score 255 goals in a match to wrap it around to zero ... that'd be pretty impressive in 90 minutes .... but best of luck trying, I look forward to your bug report ;)

Its stored in an unsigned char if I remember right - so you'd need to score 255 goals in a match to wrap it around to zero ... that'd be pretty impressive in 90 minutes .... but best of luck trying, I look forward to your bug report ;)

around a goal every 20 seconds.

Could happen if we could play against tiny Oceanian teams :D

Archived