[iPhone] Big Club Release Clause

I'm playing as Bury and have just had a few PL clubs come in and take some of my first team away on the cheap using the Big Club Release Clauses in their contracts.

I don't have a problem with it per se - it's in the contract, so it's always a threat.

My question is: what is the value at which the big club release clause can be exercised? The value assigned to the player by the game never seems to match what a player is truly worth on the market (ie. it tends to be lower). So what is frustrating to me is that the PL clubs have got these guys on the cheap when otherwise, the market would require them to pay a higher price.

What happens in real life? I imagine the clause must have a price point at which it activates. Can this be worked into the game? (I realise it adds to the complexity - and the simplicity of the iPhone version is something that is strongly appealing.)

Otherwise, all good. After getting sacked by LFC after 2 seasons, have taken Bury on successive league winning promotions from BSP to L2 and L2 to L1. Topping L1 and on our way to the Championship. Had to give myself a wrap... :)

• SI Staff
What happens in real life? I imagine the clause must have a price point at which it activates. Can this be worked into the game? (I realise it adds to the complexity - and the simplicity of the iPhone version is something that is strongly appealing.)

I'll consider this moving forward - sounds sensible enough, glad you're enjoying the game :D

I'll consider this moving forward - sounds sensible enough, glad you're enjoying the game :D

Thanks, Marc.

iPhone / iPad version is fantastic. I'm a long time fan starting with CM Italia back in the day, through all the CMs and the change to FM. But the complexity became a bit too much when it had to be balanced with increasing real life commitments! :) The handheld version is a great blend of accessibility that still feels real enough to hold the interest of people who take their football seriously. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived