the referee from hell

zero yellow .. 4 reds !!

the ref totally spoiled a great game i had facing a stronger side, every foul worth a yellow has been given as a red !! result: no yellow for both sides, but 4 red cards for my players !!

what is wrong with this ref? was his wife not nice with him last night? :D comn .. only players injured were mine yet i get all reds .. it was so silly, that after 2nd red , every time a ref called my player, i knew it gonna be a red, is like FIFA decided to cancel yellow cards, just unbelievable, more as i get a goal back with 8 men. but keeping that with 8 man was a tough ask

is that a bug though? did anyone else had such a miserable day with red cards ?

fm1b.jpg

and that is the formation i end up with !!

fm3j.jpg

It's your tactics...

You have a massive gap in your defence even fat frank could fit in there.

Football is normally played with 4 defenders on the pitch at the same time, you should have look in the tactics forum. (to get there use the quick navigation button, thumbs up)

:D

with all respect !! my tackling is set to normal (whole team and individually.. i did them one by one) .. i even asked my players to never close them down so we keep energy with such low stamina at my league

what tactic has to do with that?

what gaps at back? i have 5 !! 1 SW, 2 CB and LWB and RWB !! and you are talking about gaps !! the formation above is when am down to 7 and have to attack to go back as was one goal down

honestly !! why people has to point out to is always my fault.. my tactic .. my bad? because it sound a silly explanation when using it over and over when anyone come with a problem herei played many games with same tactic and often get 1-2 yellow and rarely a red !!

my problem is why there was no yellow? aside from last red, the first 3 were really yellow card offences, the 4th one is ok, he was the last man even though there was another defender at same line !! but did sound ok after watching how ref harshly sent off the previous 3.

my question anyway, is that a bug?.. or really it can happen in Real life? as in a bad day anything can happen in football .. or may the simple answer he forget to bring his yellow cards that day :D

shwan they are being sarcastic. The "It's your tactic" meme is apparently the funniest thing that happened to this forum and... never gets old. I mean look at all the people laughing at those funny posts.

But to the point, I don't see why this is a bug at all, you just posted a thread about one match out of hundreds (I'm assuming) that you have played on FM11, so its not like this is happening to you a lot. You dont tell us why they got sent off, the refs rating or anything. You just jump on the bug wagon?

And ofcourse this happens in real life! Watch a football match in Argentina (I think it was) and red cards are as common as goals.

If you psyche your players up like Jose does when playing Barca, you can end up with a bunch of ill disciplined players. I've never had 4 players sent off, but have felt the need to switch to easy tackling because the ref was being strict and my players overexuberant.

So it might be your team talks. Just a thought ;) I'm sure that could become a good meme now that tactics don't count for much anyway.

Seems to be bad luck. Apart from this match, do you take a lot of cards?

i feel more a bad ref tbh.. is no yellow what upset me not the 4 cards

but in real life it happens, isn't?

shwan they are being sarcastic. The "It's your tactic" meme is apparently the funniest thing that happened to this forum and... never gets old. I mean look at all the people laughing at those funny posts.

But to the point, I don't see why this is a bug at all, you just posted a thread about one match out of hundreds (I'm assuming) that you have played on FM11, so its not like this is happening to you a lot. You dont tell us why they got sent off, the refs rating or anything. You just jump on the bug wagon?

And ofcourse this happens in real life! Watch a football match in Argentina (I think it was) and red cards are as common as goals.

he he ok, they win :D

i have issues with no yellows, just straights reds, sound it a bit bizarre, about red cards, 2 fouls, 1 penalty and one as last man. they didn't made any dangerous tackle or hurt anyone.. in contrary 2 of my players get injured for a foul and left the game, and opposition get no cards !! tbh i didn't checked the ref record .. will do that and come back to you..

If you psyche your players up like Jose does when playing Barca, you can end up with a bunch of ill disciplined players. I've never had 4 players sent off, but have felt the need to switch to easy tackling because the ref was being strict and my players overexuberant.

So it might be your team talks. Just a thought ;) I'm sure that could become a good meme now that tactics don't count for much anyway.

that is a good point, most of players i put in the game were young around 18-21 so they could be just boiling without a psyche !! don't know if i have one in such level though, let me check

• Administrators

Were they last man fouls or just random fouls in the middle of the pitch? If you're playing an attacking style, they could have caught you out of position on the counter which meant your players preventing goalscoring opportunities via fouls.

Perhaps your players have high values in Agression and Bravery. Many players with agression of 16 or above, have lot's of red cards, even if they are instructed to tackle normal.

at this league level they don't have such high values

Were they last man fouls or just random fouls in the middle of the pitch? If you're playing an attacking style, they could have caught you out of position on the counter which meant your players preventing goalscoring opportunities via fouls.

ok will watch them now to be more specified and read the comments well

my tactic was

...........SW..............

..........CB CB ..........

.RWB................LWB

...........CM..............

AMR................AML

.........ST....ST........

in my league, stamina is low, so need to make economy in runs so have better advantage by end of game, so asked trio CBs to stay back and allow the 4 up to stay up and let us give the midfield for them and just send direct balls trying to catch them with my speedy attackers and wingers .

Put the pkm up, i want to see these tackles that didn't warrant reds. I'm still skeptical

will do that, but is Pkm a save file or just one match actions saves? sorry as i never did that?

lucky i live one floor above where i work, so i looked to those red cards again

ok first red, it said it was great tackle, but then put in 2-3 lines within a second !! so by stopping it slowly frame by frame !! it dose says for a flash that "my players seem want to swap shirts early" ? was it that? he hardly touched the player !! maybe it is animation and AI mismatch for lack of animations?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/fm4p.jpg/

Denying a goalscoring opportunity IMO. Rouse was arguably 1-on-1 with the keeper if Stamp hadn't done him in.

first it says excellent tackle !! then there are 3 defenders even more closer

just the one match. If you need help doing it go on the match overview screen, click match controls, save, and then upload the file using megauploader.com or fileshare

will do that once go back to the flat.. can leave the work for 2nd time

but will do again within hours

Of the three defensive players left, the guy on the far left is too far away to be involved, the guy far right (#7?) is marginally behind Rouse, and #4 in the middle... He's the tricky one. He isn't clearly unable to reach the ball, but you can make a good case that Rouse could have gotten away an unimpeded shot from an attacking point before #4 got across.

That said, it is a very harsh sending off, I think Stamp is only very marginally the last man.

Rouse again, excellent :D

I feel your pain but you have to accept it's one match in a million. If it was a bug wouldn't it be happening more, or wouldn't you see more red cards over the course of the season.

You met a strict ref and fell foul of him.

Best thing you can do, if you really do think there is something untoward is post it in the bug forum and upload the match. I assume SI can look into whether there are problems or not.

I just think you were unlucky.

Of the three defensive players left, the guy on the far left is too far away to be involved, the guy far right (#7?) is marginally behind Rouse, and #4 in the middle... He's the tricky one. He isn't clearly unable to reach the ball, but you can make a good case that Rouse could have gotten away an unimpeded shot from an attacking point before #4 got across.

That said, it is a very harsh sending off, I think Stamp is only very marginally the last man.

Rouse again, excellent :D

he he that is Rouse :D .. what was upsetting is the commentary which was saying it was an excellent tackle !! so is not even a foul as a starter !! may be that is the moment game went out of hand of refs as players get mad when ref start giving bad decisions

I feel your pain but you have to accept it's one match in a million. If it was a bug wouldn't it be happening more, or wouldn't you see more red cards over the course of the season.

You met a strict ref and fell foul of him.

Best thing you can do, if you really do think there is something untoward is post it in the bug forum and upload the match. I assume SI can look into whether there are problems or not.

I just think you were unlucky.

yeahh this is why i accepted it and have to move on

have to accept it was not my day

I'm calling harsh again. I've never seen a player sent off when a penalty has been given, even when he was blatantly the last man. Elbow used maybe?

may be .. can't tell from animation neither the commentary ..

Rouse again :D

Tricky again. I think you had bad luck with players on the cusp of being last man or not.

he he .. i need to check the family name .. could be the ref's brother :D

And what was the ref's rating?

i only seen refs records (stats) before a game , is that it? or there is something like stars level?

have to dis-agree.. playing my liverpool save at the moment in the first season (11.3).. Carra saw a straight red bout 65 mins into my 3-0 home win against birmingham.. appealed because it said "lucas didnt believe that was a red card then the commentary said was that worthy of a red card?" the FA agreed the ref was wrong an rescinded the ban.. 1st time i've ever actually won an appeal.. lol

I would also like to know which camera view that is? Red Card seems to be full on in this game, I have a referee in my game who has given more red cards than yellow cards this season (something like 36 red) which is insane. Sounds like a bug too me but who knows, maybe he's just grumpy!!!!

i see what you did there...

have to dis-agree.. playing my liverpool save at the moment in the first season (11.3).. Carra saw a straight red bout 65 mins into my 3-0 home win against birmingham.. appealed because it said "lucas didnt believe that was a red card then the commentary said was that worthy of a red card?" the FA agreed the ref was wrong an rescinded the ban.. 1st time i've ever actually won an appeal.. lol

interesting really, so commentator could be wrong like in real life. must feel sweet reversing ref decision :D

Some harsh cards indeed.

Only second card seems to be redworthy.

So, what was the referee's rating?

agree, 2nd one is definitely a red.. the rest are debatable

regarding the ref,you mean average rating?

anyway for just test i replayed the game 3 times yesterday, and ref didn't send off anyone and had 1-2 yellow per game? so sure has nothing to do with ref

he seem was just in bad mood that day specifically

This is 11.3, yeah? I had a problem with ridiculous professional fouls, usually when the player was being forced wide and/or there were covering defenders, but I haven't experienced this on 11.3.

yes it is 11.3

i didn't had problem with that before in my career with Crystal palace

and don't get why ref was so harsh more as game was in my ground? refs normally don't do that for home teams? having said so, everyone predicted i will lose the game, and was doing well even with 9 players? i get back to 2-2 even with 8 men.

Archived