Media Prediction

Just wondering how your teams' media prediction is decided. As in many cases it seems to make no sense. I have one of the most expensive (and talented) sides in the league, finished 4th the season before, and my MP in 15th?

So how is this decided? It can't be the strength of the team; is it the size? My team have the second lowest attendance in the league does that affect it?

Thanks

I remember back when in FM 09 I was managing Motherwell and the media didn't have any good expectations for my team. I remember that in the end, I won the league :D. That was the last time I looked what the media had to predict for my teams XD

The media prediction is nonsensical, I have had two consecutive top half finishes in League One since my promotion, last season we were predicted to finish 12th, we finished 11th and we were 8th in the first season. Both seasons we were hovering around the play-offs for most of them. In the close season I've signed obviously better players and got rid of obviously worse ones reducing my squad to a strong 25 in the process.

Media prediction?

16th... o.O

I think either money in the bank or value must play a part as well?

On FM10, I won the league about 8 years running, and I was forever predicted to finish behind Man City. Assuming we both had the highest possible rep, I just assumed this was because they had about £100m more money to throw around every summer.

I also think last seasons placing may have an effect, though I'm not sure.

Surely it's a good thing if you are being under-predicted? Less pressure if you aren't doing as well as you expect.

Is it purely club reputation, or do the players come into it as well? Because in my game, Man City have been predicted to finish 1st for 3 years running, even though they never win anything so their rep should still be lower than Man U, Chelsea, etc. They have the best squad, so I figured this was factored in somewhere.

Archived