[Iphone/Ipod] Edit FmHi

• SI Staff
Hi,

I would want to know if is there any way to edit the game with an editor or with the "changes.txt" like psp version.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm an italian user.

At present I'm afraid its not possible to edit the data on the iPhone version of the game.

Marc, would you be allowed to tell us the structure of the save; ie how it is stored? I get the impression from your previous posts that it is editable: albeit via hand.

Must it merely be decompressed; or is it stored in some kind of binary format (in which case what bytes are what datatype?)

I understand if you can't tell us, but I can't be bothered to reverse engineer the save, heh (unless it's illegal (EDIT: wow, I worded that badly. I meant if it's illegal I definitely won't try reverse engineering))

@dec: sounds like marc is more patient than me, heh.

As far as I am aware; an editor can be coded for FMHi now that the saves are available. However; the biggest failing point is a lack of understanding of the file format by anyone not at SI. Thus I am asking if I am allowed to know the format in which the data is stored (I am certain that it is a binary format; starting with a string for easy look-ups at the file names appearing in the load screen). Unfortunately for me python isn't very good at understanding binary formats as there isn't much data-type segregation, heh.

Trevo, it would but it takes a lot of time (I know I make a transfer update that takes hours with the editor but treble the time with codes). A changes.txt may not work the same on the iOS though as the file structures are seperate so it would have to be placed in a part that allows transfers such as where saves are.

Archived