Short-term loans. What's the actual rules?

The rules for the Conference say that a player is limited to three months on short term loan at any club. Is that three months total, or at one go?

I had a young winger on loan for the last three months and never had the option to renew, so I assumed it meant he wa slimited to three months. He's now left and I have to option to offer him a loan contract for 3 months, though it does saying (in the rules section that he has done his three months). Can I offer him a loan until the end of the season (it's now January), and would that count as long term and mean the three months he's been here are non-applicable?

It just seems a little odd that I can offer him three months unless something is wrong here.

I offered him a loan until the end of the season, because I am pretty sure clubs take players on short term loan and then extend it. I know Bournemouth did that with a player this season. Adam Smith, I believe.

On the league information screen there is a rules tab, all information is there.

Yeah. I read that but the loan offer I can make seems to contradict those rules. Just curious if I'm failing to understand something.

A loan that lasts for 3 months or less is classed as a short term loan and anything higher is considered as a long term loan. What was described above seems to be a 4/5 month loan until January and then the club extended the loan. Initially and afterwards it was always classed as a long term loan.

Because the player you had was on loan for 3 months you couldn't extend the loan as it was classed as short term, although you can always try to loan him again once he has gone.

A loan that lasts for 3 months or less is classed as a short term loan and anything higher is considered as a long term loan. What was described above seems to be a 4/5 month loan until January and then the club extended the loan. Initially and afterwards it was always classed as a long term loan.

Because the player you had was on loan for 3 months you couldn't extend the loan as it was classed as short term, although you can always try to loan him again once he has gone.

So they can do more than one stint of 3 months? I assumed it meant they were limited to just 3 months of short term loan in a season.

A player can do a maximum of 93 days emergency loan (short term loans, basically) in any one season at any one club. But you can take him on an emergency loan in the first half of the season, and then take him on a half season loan in january - long term loans are treated completely separately to short term ones.

Archived