Assistant Manager Feedbacks...

Is the Assistant Manager feedbacks always reliable when it comes to the "pre-match" section?

Simon Kjaer is my captain and almost half of my team have him listed as a favoured personnel, but sometimes, the ass. man reports some players are finding it hard motivating themselves to play with him as captain. When I did give him the captainship, it was halfway towards the end of the season, and that was only because Ambrosini was retiring. A number of players thought I was too quick in making him captain, while others instantly listed him as a favoured personnel.

Two seasons on, and I still get similar reports, only this time, he names Eden Hazard. But Hazard is listed on Kjaer's favoured personnel list.

I was also thinking of making the vice-captain Thiago Silva the new captain, and Kjaer the vice. Thiago Silva was the vice when Ambrosini was captain and felt he should've been given the captains band but there now have each other as favoured personnel. Would switching their roles have a negative impact on them and the rest of the team?

I would not recommend changing captains during the season, unless you are forced to because the current one leaves. Always wait until the pre-season when you are asked to choose for the season ahead.

Nah! I've only changed it once when the my assistant manager advised it in a back room meeting and I haven't changed it ever since, almost three seasons now, and still get the pre-match motivation report. Which is why I'm considering changing it now.

Your assistant's recommendations of who to appoint (the list is ordered according to suitability) would normally please your squad but be wary of giving the armband to a young player or to a disruptive one. Taking the captaincy off a player will likely upset them too, and possibly the rest of the squad... (which it looks like you did by changing captain mid-season).

I've recently changed my captain and I just took the ass-man's recommendation... all bar half a dozen players in my squad were positively PR'd at the appointment - works for me :)

When I did change it, it was based on the assistant's recommendation. Now almost half my team or more list him as a favoured personnel, and it baffles me that the pre-match feedbacks report that a few are finding it hard motivating themselves to play with him as captain. Meh! I'm just going leave it as it is. Only difference from the vice is the vice is older and slightly more determined, otherwise, both have the same Influence.

Archived