FM11 on XP

I have a Packard Bell computer (not sure if this makes a difference. Few years old). The system on it is XP.

I currently have football manager 2007 installed on it.

So i was wondering if it is worth me installing FM11 on it and un-installing FM07.

Just want to no if FM11 will run well on it and not be slooow? :)

Having XP will help, as it should be less demanding on your pc than later versions of windows, its always been my 'favourite' version of windows personally.

It depends more on what specs your pc has..? If the game is just coming up with a blank screen and nothing else then it might be your graphics card isn't up to scratch for FM11, but there's hope yet! :)

Are you installing the game via cd or through steam? Try downloading and installing the appropriate version of the latest patch first anyway, that can be found on this here site. :)

Thanks for the feed back.

I will install it now.

Have a look in the FAQ thread and there is lots of help with install problems in there. You must ensure that all your hardware drivers, especially the graphics card, are fully uopdated along with Java and directX

Also worth posting the Packard-Bell model number of your PC if you can find it. I seem to remember Packard-Bell used to stick with integrated graphics so the drivers will likely need quite a bit of updating.

Archived