Celebrations

I need an Enigma machine to decode what you've just written. Or am I getting old and not in touch with the kids??

Well if you know what enigma machines are you probably have a couple of grays :D But let me decipher it for you...

Champions League Final,you play Barcelona,excitement all around...You edge them in the 93rd minute after a nerve wrecking match and as soon as the final whistle blows everyone just start running to the dressing room like someone is trying to give them herpes instead of a trophy...

I want them to make it more realistic,some ceremony simulations and stuff like that...

I agree! The players should stay on the pitch and go to the fans etc. There should also be confetti and having the team lift the trophy n stuff! .. may have gone a tad off topic than just the celebrations, but i'd like stuff like this, just because im always delighted when i win a title/trophy, so id love to stick around and watch the aftermath :) (obviously for those robots who just win the title and continue with speed then there should be a skip option :p)

Nice idea. Let's go a little bit further and make the whole matchday experience a lot more realistic:

Impromptu pitch invasions at lower league clubs who've just dodged relegation or been promoted into a higher league for the first time in their history.

Goal-scoring players charging into the crowd and getting booked for their efforts.

20-player bust-ups following a Joey Barton-esque challenge.

Goal-scoring players charging into the crowd and getting booked for their efforts.

Only if I could fine them 4 years of wages for being sent off when it's their second yellow. It frustrates me enough when someone is sent off for diving.

I agree. I've just beaten Barcelona in the final myself after a great end to end game. Final whisltle goes and its a bit of an anti-climax.

We have celebrations at the end of penalty shoot-outs, so the animation code is already there. Just need SI to use that at the end of important games if they don't have time or resources to write a whole new script.

I think it could be taken even further with an open top bus parade through the streets climaxing at the Town Hall with players and management stood on the balcony spraying the ecstatic crowd with champagne.

With a couple of mini-games, such as a puzzle/platformer involving making sure your captain keeps his balance and doesn't drop the cup, a good old wiggle-the-joystick like in "Summer Olympics" to get your players to bounce up and down as quickly as possible while celebrating, and a FPS where you're armed with the champagne bottle and need to spray as many players before the champagne runs out.

Umm - is that supposed to be sarcasm? While we're at it can they make the bus run over the trophy when your star CB drops it?

I agree that they can improve it somewhat and generate a bit more of a climax at winning a major trophy, but seriously some of this is going a bit far.......

Umm - is that supposed to be sarcasm? While we're at it can they make the bus run over the trophy when your star CB drops it?

Maybe I should have used the appropriate humour/sarcasm tags, but I thought it was obvious enough ;)

With a couple of mini-games, such as a puzzle/platformer involving making sure your captain keeps his balance and doesn't drop the cup, a good old wiggle-the-joystick like in "Summer Olympics" to get your players to bounce up and down as quickly as possible while celebrating, and a FPS where you're armed with the champagne bottle and need to spray as many players before the champagne runs out.

lol,,,,you could also implement a sort of driving game where you deliver the players safely on the open top bus without dropping the cup

seeing the players emerge from the tunnel and line up to the champions league music would be good imo.

Would be nice for one or two time, after that it'll just get annoying.

Players not running off the pitch after winning a trophee would be great though. I don't need to see them celebrate, I just need to see that they stay on.

I agree, a formal presentation of the trophy and some celebrations from the players with the fans (maybe even a pitch invasion!) would be awesome.

As regards to the CL music, I read somewhere on here recently that someone youtube's that and plays it as his team come out each CL game! Brilliant.

Archived