Turned down jobs

Hi guys i am an ablion fan therefore manage albion in the game and have been in charge 3 years just starting my fourth season with them and i have took them from having to aviod relegation to on the verge of getting into Europe and in the years i have been managinging them i have turned down the chance to manage Spurs, west ham, Chealsea and recently at start of this season turned down Arsensal. Now my mates say im stupid and should have moved to another club just wondered what all your thoughts on this were and who have you guys turned down?

At one point in my save, Spurs offered me the job every single time they lost a manager. This went on for about 15 seasons till they finally got the picture.

Have also turned down Man City, Arsenal and pretty much every national job under the sun.

Have turned down Brazil, Italy and Spain at least a dozen times each now.

Seriously; the best part of this game is your first few weeks in a new club, getting to know the players, moving to transfer new players, cutting your own staff, setting training, etc. After that the day-to-day game play can become pretty tedious. After 2 seasons with the same club I am absolutley desperate for a job offer. I turn a job offer down very rarely indeed!

Get over the WBA fetish & get a life!

Depends on my mood

My current save i was Preston North End and after 5 seasons finally made the prem, finished 8th in my debut season and then 12th, was offered Chelsea and decided to take it since i was getting bored and was prob gonna start a new game but this helped me keep interest. Prior to that i turned down West Ham, Genoa and Sheffield Wednesday. Applied for Man Utd when Fergie retired but they appointed Pelligrini, also was linked with loads of high rep jobs but they never approached me and i never applied.

On Fm10 i had a save game where i managed Sheff Wed, QPR, Man City, England, Juventus, Ivory Coast, Valencia, Real Madrid, Aston Villa and Leeds to varying degrees of success, was at around 2030 when i bought FM11. Really i stay until i achieve my goals (or sacked).

- So for Sheff Wed i established them in Prem mid table then left after 7 seasons in the job

- Man City i won 2 Fa Cup and 3 Prem titles in 4 and half seasons and left because i couldnt get past Qtr final in CL ([plus was offered England and felt like a change as my team had peaked)

-England i resigned after i lost in WC 2nd round (v Scotland)

-Juventus i won 4 titles, 2 Coppa Italia and 2 CL in 6 seasons and quit after they were best in world and i got bored

-Valencia won Liga BBVA in my 2nd season and left for Real Madrid (always wanted this club but they wouldnt appoint me till i had success in spain, had to resign to apply since they cant poach other spanish teams manager)

-Real i won nothing for first 2 season then won League and cup double, left to join Villa (fan of the club)

- Villa i was sacked after i reached xmas in bottom 6 of prem and knocked out league cup

- Leeds well i didnt get started since i got new version of the game

Archived