Stockholders and owners in Germany

Hi,

it's really annoying that clubs in the German Bundesliga can be bought by a Tycoon. There is a rule that the club itself must own at least 50% +1 stock, which makes a takeover impossible. And why do all German clubs have shareholder dividend payouts? Borussia Dortmund is the only club listed on the stock market.

Thanks!

Regards,

Elsu

Hi Elsu,

I think it's supposed to be impossible for German clubs to be purchased in the game, there are files that stop it (which also prevent a long-term investor taking over, which I believe is possible in real life and there's talk of it happening at Hoffenheim iirc?). If you have seen a German club taken over, you might have accidentally deleted the files, or maybe someone tampered with them if you are playing online.

Shareholder dividend payments are just an artificial way of lowering your finances. If you acquire too much money (a little over £1billion) then your finances "tip over" to a large negative amount. Measures like dividend payments and "investment for the future" were added to stop this happening.

Hi SCIAG,

I have indeed changed a file to make the German National Team available. Hoffenheim has an investor, but he isn't allowed to influence the decisions (what he did in the last transfer window though, but it can't be proven). Currently he's pulling out and wants to Hoffenheim to be able to keep themselves in the first league without his help.

About dividend payouts, I've never been even close to 200 million pounds, so that also has to do something with me tampering and enabling the national team.

Thanks for the explanation!

Archived