I am sick of this SI

so my team is on an 8 match unbeaten run. i close the game, open the next day, and suddenly lose my next four games? are you ever going to fix this? and dont give me your selective memory and coincidence ********. there is a clear bug that changes your teams morale/form or whatever when you close and reopen the game. the gamers know it and you SI people know it too. this has happened numerous times to me and ive seen it reported here more that a few times. are you SI people ever going to fix this? or pretend there is no bug like your stupid corners and weird shots and goalies who are the opponents top assist maker for the last 3-4 editions?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The random numbers are regenerated.

Two numbers are generated, one is randomly chosen and then that is used to influence the "luck" factor.

It's effect is not large enough to have a direct effect on form.

The random numbers are regenerated.

Two numbers are generated, one is randomly chosen and then that is used to influence the "luck" factor.

It's effect is not large enough to have a direct effect on form.

these numbers clearly shouldn't be random as they can have a big effect on your team.

these numbers clearly shouldn't be random as they can have a big effect on your team.

So you think "luck" should be pre-determined?

Oh, and Romanista- outside of SI, Ackter is probably the second most knowledgeable person about the match engine there is. Don't try and argue with him.

So you think "luck" should be pre-determined?

Oh, and Romanista- outside of SI, Ackter is probably the second most knowledgeable person about the match engine there is. Don't try and argue with him.

no it should not be pre-determined, but there should not be any random number generated, this number should continue from your last save game and then vary from there. if in my previous load this number was 3 then it can move from time to time to lets say 1 or 6 or 12. but not a new random number which could be 100 and be very far from where i left off.

Even if it did continue (and it might do these days) you still wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It's influence is microscopic.

It's not as simple as 1 = good results, 100 = bad results.

Think of it as blowing into a gale - the blowing makes a slight difference, but no-one will be able to tell.

I'm out of the loop these days, haven't been involved in anything FM/FML for nearly a year :(

Even if it did continue (and it might do these days) you still wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It's influence is microscopic.

It's not as simple as 1 = good results, 100 = bad results.

Think of it as blowing into a gale - the blowing makes a slight difference, but no-one will be able to tell.

it doesn't make a difference? it makes a lot of difference. if you are in a title race, unbeaten in 15 games, and you just load up your game and lose 2 games you know that it happened because of SI's magical random number, but if it were continuous it would be more natural and satisfying and it wouldnt happen 90% of the time after you load the game.

it doesn't make a difference? it makes a lot of difference. if you are in a title race, unbeaten in 15 games, and you just load up your game and lose 2 games you know that it happened because of SI's magical random number, but if it were continuous it would be more natural and satisfying and it wouldnt happen 90% of the time after you load the game.

You like numbers? 97% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Also, it's you, not me (or si).

That's not why it's happening - the random number does not have anywhere near a large enough effect to change form.

I knew I'd regret bringing this up, sometimes it's not worth trying to educate.

I was falling into this trap and then I started talking my team down in every press conference, the players were still happy from less pressure and there's rarely any poor performances from it. I was mostly unbeaten this season and then I had a 2-1 defeat to Bolton and a 3-3 draw against Wolves (The Wolves result was my fault though, played my reserve team to keep my full team injury free).

Complacency is a hard battle to win, once you're on a roll you really must manage it. It isn't like the start of the season when you can big your team up and get the results.

I'd be interested in knowing who you were playing against before and after you loaded it up. You can't expect to win every game and sometimes every team has a blip in form, look at Chelsea, they sucked throughout January and a bit of February I believe, Arsenal went out of 3 competitions with the space of a few weeks and never recovered whilst Man United struggled away.

That's not why it's happening - the random number does not have anywhere near a large enough effect to change form.

I knew I'd regret bringing this up, sometimes it's not worth trying to educate.

you keep on saying that, but it clearly does and there is plenty of proof for it on this forum. you have lost your argument and you know brought out your "sometimes it's not worth trying to educate" card.

I'd be interested in knowing who you were playing against before and after you loaded it up. You can't expect to win every game and sometimes every team has a blip in form, look at Chelsea, they sucked throughout January and a bit of February I believe, Arsenal went out of 3 competitions with the space of a few weeks and never recovered whilst Man United struggled away.

i agree with you, but my problem is that it usually happens after i load the game.

It is hard to make games without incorporating random numbers being generated. Whilst it may not be right I imagine in the circumstances say there is a range of 1 - 100. In an ideal situation (ie striker is infront of an open goal, only a few yards out) there is a 95% chance he'll score, a random number roll of 1 - 95 sees the striker score, 96 - 100 sees the striker put it wide, hit the woodwork or fall over and completely miss the ball.

As you then factor in a goalkeeper, the positioning, composure, pitch condition, weather conditions, finishing, composure, pace, balance, handling, diving, one on ones and all the others you may end up in a situation where 1 - 95 has shrunk to 1 - 17. Computer games generally have to use math to determine the outcome and the fairest way on the user of doing it is with a random number generator and where ever that number lies in the list of things is the outcome.

EG: 1 - 17 is goal, 18 - 22 is right post, 23 - 30 is left post, 31 - 33 is crossbar, 34 - 45 is save & it going out for a corner, 46 to 69 is saved, 70 - 71 is keeper challenge and a penalty, 72 - 80 is keeper challenges and misses (creating a new chance after this one), 81 - 86 is keeper challenges and wins, 87 - 100 is keeper challenges and it squirms loose.

That is an incredibly and horribly simplified version of how I would think it works on some level (could be horribly wrong) without even considering morale, complacency, determination and a whole other host of stats.

Could be that your players bottling their streak coincided with you closing and opening the save. Could be that you yourself had become hands-off or complacent when reloading an already successful save making the same tweaks in match against every team rather than playing to the match in action.

Could be your tactics that suited the previous six teams didn't work against your last six.

All the best teams lose IRL, often against a run of form. Re-group and head back out and start turning those losses to draws and then onto wins. You'll be fine.

Loading up my game two seconds ago after having a 4 game winning streak from last night. Winning 2-0 at half time. Obviously some magic number is having some drastic impact on my game..

If you lose 1 game why not save and reload before you play the next game if you think this magical number has such an effect. Maybe it will make you win again.

you keep on saying that, but it clearly does and there is plenty of proof for it on this forum. you have lost your argument and you know brought out your "sometimes it's not worth trying to educate" card.

I know you're refusing to understand the theory here, that's why I threw out the wind metaphor.

All your proof consists of is "sometimes I lose when I dont think I should".

Allow me to bring up another metaphor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBiSI6OdqvA

You have underpants, you have profit, but you also have the big question mark in the middle.

you don't actually have any solid proof though, just an effect without an actual cause. without any evidence you're basing your claims on your own personal suspicions which, allied to personal suspicions of others, fortifies the ideas in your head without actually offering any hard proof to back it up. all we can do is argue personal experience and opinion without data.

who are you to say these numbers hold any great influence when Ackter, who has 1st hand knowledge and experience with the mechanics of the game says otherwise? do you have any evidence to back that up?

In my current save, I've lost four matches this season. One was to Arsenal, who always beat me because they had a take over and purchased a fantastic technical side with wing backs and movement and such. One was to Brighton, and was minutes after I'd beaten Chelsea, because I fielded a weakened side that just didn't have the motivation to overcome them. One was to Blackburn where I conceded two goals from set pieces- it was my fourth or fifth match of the session and I'd won all the others. The last one was the Euro Super Cup Final, where AC Milan beat me 3-2 (which, again, I put down to their formation :p) and was the only one that was straight after a load. I've loaded the game about ten times this season, and have lost after only one of them.

Archived