just..wow

it's days like these that make me wish i'd just booted another game or picked a different carreer :)

i reckon this has to be my most ridiculous defeat ever

As the manager you need to take a large portion of the blame for results like this.

31 shots in 90 minutes, 20 from distance and only creating 5 clear chances point to tactical errors with no adjustments being made to counter what is happening on the pitch.

Your opponents took an early lead then sat back with men behind the ball defending. Your tactics seem to be rushing your players into getting the ball forward quickly and shooting at the first opportunity which the opposition found fairly easy to defend against. You haven't made any attempt to keep the ball, allowing the players time to pick better passes or allowing moves to develop. You didn't work the ball dragging the defence out of shape to create space.

Yes your opponents got lucky to a certain degree but they didn't have to force the game as they were never behind, in fact they were in the lead for 61 minutes (68% of the match) while you didn't have a plan B when plan A was failing.

Yeah 20 long shots is terrible. 5 ccc is good, though - a decent amount of CCC's over 90 minutes on its own. 7 woodwork is also terrible. I would add "your team talk" in addition to what was said above, as another reason this went terribly wrong. After the 2nd woodwork and 5th long shot (or something) you should have tried something different because those are telltale signs that you will struggle scoring in the match as a whole if it continues in the same way.

be that as it may.. i reckon out of 5 clearcut chances, more than 1 should hit the net

also: my opponents had 3 shots, 2 of them being from distance.. and 2 hitting the net.. so for me it's not so much about a bad tactic tbf :) i'd say if you manage to get 31 shots in 1 game, your tactic isn't the problem..the finishing is..

on second thought, i may have to start looking for a new goalie =)

Yeah 20 long shots is terrible. 5 ccc is good, though - a decent amount of CCC's over 90 minutes on its own. 7 woodwork is also terrible. I would add "your team talk" in addition to what was said above, as another reason this went terribly wrong. After the 2nd woodwork and 5th long shot (or something) you should have tried something different because those are telltale signs that you will struggle scoring in the match as a whole if it continues in the same way.

none hit the woodwork mate, the 7 stands for stopped shots :) sry the screen isn't in english, just realised that :)

be that as it may.. i reckon out of 5 clearcut chances, more than 1 should hit the net

also: my opponents had 3 shots, 2 of them being from distance.. and 2 hitting the net.. so for me it's not so much about a bad tactic tbf :) i'd say if you manage to get 31 shots in 1 game, your tactic isn't the problem..the finishing is..

on second thought, i may have to start looking for a new goalie =)

CCCs don't exist in RL but in terms of chances somewhere between 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 get scored by most strikers so having 5 you would probably expect a couple of goals on an average day. However you also need to consider that every goal scored builds confidence while each chance missed sees a drop in confidence leading to a higher chance of the next one missed as well.

You also seem to see having 31 shots as a good thing while I would say this is a bad thing as it points to your team taking shots when they should be passing the ball.

20 long shots means that it is more tactical than finishing. Was your goal a long shot or did you convert one of the CCC's?

that was actuallly a CCC..i've just watched the game again, and most of the "long shots" are from just outside the box..anyway i take it as just one of those days :)

that was actuallly a CCC..i've just watched the game again, and most of the "long shots" are from just outside the box..anyway i take it as just one of those days :)

Best way to look at it, your post was not as much of a rant as others experiencing things like this which did surprise me.

I love matches like that. :D

Usually it's my team that's only had a few chances and weathered the storm against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

The door definitely swings both ways. ;)

yeah had matches like that 2..u win some u lose some, that's what keeps the game attractive ;)

The days we lose are often the days we learn the most ! :D

It's definitely unlucky at a glance. For your opponent to score 2 goals, when the only had 2 shots on target is incredibly unlucky, but it's something I experience too.

The 31 shots to 3 would suggest that you dominated the match, but in fact you only had 55% of the possession. That suggests exactly what the above posters have said. You're rushing your attacks, taking shots too early, and taking the view of quantity over quality. 20 long shots in a match is just way too many.

At a guess I'm going to say that you're probably playing Fluid/Very Fluid with Direct/Long Passing?

It's definitely unlucky at a glance. For your opponent to score 2 goals, when the only had 2 shots on target is incredibly unlucky, but it's something I experience too.

The 31 shots to 3 would suggest that you dominated the match, but in fact you only had 55% of the possession. That suggests exactly what the above posters have said. You're rushing your attacks, taking shots too early, and taking the view of quantity over quality. 20 long shots in a match is just way too many.

At a guess I'm going to say that you're probably playing Fluid/Very Fluid with Direct/Long Passing?

nope, i usually don't even bother with changing those..it's all set to standard (i suddenly hear other FM players getting strokes :) )

works fairly well for most games, just this one was a bit unlucky imo.. though it's true what most people say: 20 long shots is too much.. imo if you manage to get 5 CCC's in a game while your opponent has none..on an average day..you'd win.. but like i said you win some you lose some, it's the same IRL and part of the charm of the game :)

Unlucky. I'm glad you don't seem to be pointing the finger at FM being useless, as so many would do.

Hope your players don't hit a morale brick wall after that.

unfortunately, they seem to have done just that, i'm quite struggling this season :) players have been really under-performing

no i don't point the finger at FM, because i see a lot of similar games IRL..it's just part of the game, if you can't accept that you shouldn't bother playing imo, or you'll be frustrated quite a bit :)

uhm, name at the bottom, you say? i could be overlooking it, but i don't see it at the bottom :)

unfortunately, they seem to have done just that, i'm quite struggling this season :) players have been really under-performing

no i don't point the finger at FM, because i see a lot of similar games IRL..it's just part of the game, if you can't accept that you shouldn't bother playing imo, or you'll be frustrated quite a bit :)

uhm, name at the bottom, you say? i could be overlooking it, but i don't see it at the bottom :)

Nevermind, I think it's just the division in Dutch...or Belgian...or something. :o

Unless your parents named you after a division...

Nevermind, I think it's just the division in Dutch...or Belgian...or something. :o

Unless your parents named you after a division...

should've converted the language before posting, but realised that too late :)

hehe, they didn't.. would've been funny though :D

Archived