Question about central midfielders in FM2009

I know its not the one most of you are probly playing, but I didnt like FM2010 as much and I havent bought FM2011 yet.

So in FM2009 Ive been playing for 3 or 4 seasons as JJK, a finnish part-timers club priorily competing for promotion into the finnish premier division (the reason Im not playing one of the big clubs like most people seem to is because 1. I dont frankly care about football IRL I just like it as a manager simulation 2. I always like starting from scratch and 3. its the closest to where I live) and I dont know if its something about playing on such a mid-low level or what, but I always keep having a problem with my midfielders.

My 4 defenders and 2 backup ones are always solid and keep having ratings of 7+ every game, my strikers are rather erratical and vary between 6 and 8, sometimes even 9, but my central midfielders pretty much never get to 7, their match ratings are always around 6 or lower. And I mean the central midfielders in particular, the right and left ones usually at least get to 6.5 and sometimes to 7.

It's not that they'd be less skilled than the rest of my team either: one of my former central midfielders had a coach report (and my coach is good at constructing reports, I dont remember what the stat was called that determines it but he has 18) that he would be a leading star for most premier division teams and had the potential to get even higher, but in the more than 50 matches I used him in he made exactly 1 goal and his average rating from that whole time was about 6.1 . I then sold him in exchange for an attacking central midfielder who had slightly less skill but even more potential, and his performances are even more pathetic being the only player Ive ever had with an average rating far under 6. Im also rotating 4 other central midfielders who are all supposed to be "good for most premier division sides" and who keep failing equally at around 6.0 .

Most of my central midfielders dont have trouble blending into the squad either, my training is 7 stars all-round, Ive taken care everyones condition is always above 90% at start of a match, Ive read and enacted both a passing and a team-talk guide... but the problem remains. As I said I dont really care much about football in reality (ice hockey is more my thing) so I dont know the details by default at all. Can someone tell me if Im missing some basic aspect here?

I know its not the one most of you are probly playing, but I didnt like FM2010 as much and I havent bought FM2011 yet.

So in FM2009 Ive been playing for 3 or 4 seasons as JJK, a finnish part-timers club priorily competing for promotion into the finnish premier division (the reason Im not playing one of the big clubs like most people seem to is because 1. I dont frankly care about football IRL I just like it as a manager simulation 2. I always like starting from scratch and 3. its the closest to where I live) and I dont know if its something about playing on such a mid-low level or what, but I always keep having a problem with my midfielders.

My 4 defenders and 2 backup ones are always solid and keep having ratings of 7+ every game, my strikers are rather erratical and vary between 6 and 8, sometimes even 9, but my central midfielders pretty much never get to 7, their match ratings are always around 6 or lower. And I mean the central midfielders in particular, the right and left ones usually at least get to 6.5 and sometimes to 7.

It's not that they'd be less skilled than the rest of my team either: one of my former central midfielders had a coach report (and my coach is good at constructing reports, I dont remember what the stat was called that determines it but he has 18) that he would be a leading star for most premier division teams and had the potential to get even higher, but in the more than 50 matches I used him in he made exactly 1 goal and his average rating from that whole time was about 6.1 . I then sold him in exchange for an attacking central midfielder who had slightly less skill but even more potential, and his performances are even more pathetic being the only player Ive ever had with an average rating far under 6. Im also rotating 4 other central midfielders who are all supposed to be "good for most premier division sides" and who keep failing equally at around 6.0 .

Most of my central midfielders dont have trouble blending into the squad either, my training is 7 stars all-round, Ive taken care everyones condition is always above 90% at start of a match, Ive read and enacted both a passing and a team-talk guide... but the problem remains. As I said I dont really care much about football in reality (ice hockey is more my thing) so I dont know the details by default at all. Can someone tell me if Im missing some basic aspect here?

Post screenshots of your centre-mids player instructions... On '09 my midfielders were key to how we played and practically always got above a 7 rating... I even had several players score hat-tricks from the various midfield positions.

I think central midfielders were discriminated against by the FM09 ME, so they got low ratings even if they played well (unless they scored or set up a goal).

Correct. It's not been fixed even for 9.3.

what?!? my centre-mids consistently got good ratings in FM09... It took a bit of doing to get my RCM to get them, I admit, but I eventually got his player instructions to the point where he did.

I wish I had installed the game again like I was going to do so that I could provide screenies to prove it.. I might even do so when I next save my game there's windows updates to install too so I could do.

I hate to say it guys but if you didn't get consistently good ratings from your centre-mids in FM09 it was your tactics :lol:

Archived