Australian league are overrated in Asia

The DLR ranking of the Australian competitions does drop off pretty quick tbf.

Also, I would say Australian clubs do deserve a continental rating. Whether you consider them to be Oceanian or Asian, I think the clubs are known on a continental level. Is this effected by national team performances as well? Australia are one of the better sides in Asia.

It's hard for Australian teams having the distance between the other clubs and the fact the ACL is a year after you qualify makes it hard because the good players that got you qualified may have gone

This tbf. I hope the current Brisbane side stays together as much as possible as they could do very well.

• 1 year later...
It's hard for Australian teams having the distance between the other clubs and the fact the ACL is a year after you qualify makes it hard because the good players that got you qualified may have gone

Unless it's FM. Then you could keep the first team together for years without any offers been made (it helps that other A League clubs cant buy players that are under contract at other A League clubs)

I would say Australian clubs are well known in Asia. But the league quality might drop because there's a salary cap in the league (parity) and the fact that they only have 2 spots in the ACL compared to 4 from China, Japan, and South Korea. It's hard for the A-League to improve in rep in the game when they have 2 spots less than the 3 I mentioned who are always in their ACL groups.

A-League has 3 ACL clubs just 1 has to do a qualifying round the league is behind Japan and Korea but besides the big names it is a better standard than the Chinese league. Also our clubs have a really long way to travel to ALL away games and this may be part of why we struggle and the season also doesnt line up

Unless it's FM. Then you could keep the first team together for years without any offers been made (it helps that other A League clubs cant buy players that are under contract at other A League clubs)

But most players are on short 1-2 year deals which means other clubs get players on frees and often contract negotiations aren't made til near the end of the season except for key players

Archived