Messi as a deep lying foward or complete foward

id definatly go for trequartista, maybe advanced playmaker then inside forward, but he should do brilliant any attacking posistion!

i'm playing 442 which i just changed to there would it be good to push the wingers up so its 4-2-4

Messi as a deep lying foward or complete foward anyone played him in either os these roles as part of a two man foward paring if so how does he do.

I'd play him in a role prompting better use of full stops and commas.

Seriously though, doubt I'll ever get to a stage to manage Messi in FM. If I did I'd stick him up front on his own with 2 very advanced wingers/forwards. I'd then play a narrow midfield with instructions to get the ball wide at all opportunities. Messi would have instructions to do whatever he pleased.

I'm quite a fan of the 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 tactic.

Think about your system as a whole. How are you trying to defeat sides? Are you going to keep the ball, move to open up defences, and press heavily? Are you going to sit deep, absorb attacks and counter attack at pace? Are you going to have two wingers who are excellent crossers and two strikers who are excellent in the air, and get the wingers putting in loads of crosses for them? Are you going to look to get the ball high up the pitch, force the opponent back and take pot shots at the goal?

To decide that, look at the qualities of your players, and choose a system that suits their strengths and covers their weaknesses. Then choose a formation and roles that helps with that. For example, if you want to keep the ball, create space you can exploit and press the opponent so you win the ball back in their half, you'll probably want three in midfield to help you keep the ball, wingers cutting inside (inside forwards or advanced playmakers) and full backs pushing forward to make the pitch big and help press. Given that you're probably managing Barcelona, may I suggest this system? ;)

If you're determined to try 4-2-4, maybe because you've re-signed Ibrahimovic without selling Villa or Messi, or because you don't like Busquets, then look at Messi's strike partner, the wingers, and what you want Messi to do. From what you've said, you want him playing through balls for the wingers and striker. Therefore, I'd suggest trequarista, but I really think you'd do better trying to emulate the real side.

Messi is the most boring footballer in the world...And Barca is the most boring club in the world.Killing football for a couple of years now...

Thank god for Inter and Mourinho last year,hopefully he'll be more competitive with Real this year.

Archived