Has my graphics card fried?

I was playing FM today and during the match a player was just making a pass when the picture went all broken like and old spectrum game loading. This lasted about 5 secs then screen went black. I left computer for a few mins to see if it would settle but screen just stayed black.

I turned off computer, left it for 5 mins then turned back on but all I get is a black screen. no windows loading icon or the startup writing or anything.

Do you think my graphics card has gone?

thanks for the reply FrazT

I did pretty much know it was but was hoping maybe someone had other ideas. Guess I better start looking for a new graphics card or maybe a good excuse for a new computer. Did yours go while playing FM also?

thanks for the reply FrazT

I did pretty much know it was but was hoping maybe someone had other ideas. Guess I better start looking for a new graphics card or maybe a good excuse for a new computer. Did yours go while playing FM also?

Unlucky, but **** happens. Could have happened at any time, I've had components break on me seemingly at random in the past, not your fault.

Just be glad it wasn't your PSU that decided to give up! That happened to me once before and it fried virtually every component in my PC.

Archived