Is inflation factored into the game?

I have read several post stating their career has extending to the likes of 2050 and beyond in some cases.

I wondered if the standard basic wages for players and transfer fees increases the the same way they would in real life.

ie. Year 2050 . Youth team player on £20k p/w and premier league players all on at least 100k p/w.

Transfer fees also should regularly be breaching the £100M mark by then surely.

This would also be factored into club income/ expenditure. Season tickets costing £5k+ (Arsenal already there!! lol)

I haven't continued a game more than 12 seasons and cant really remember any significant shift in finances.

Any thoughts?

thanks for feedback guys,

im surprised at that ,as I expected the game to follow as many real like factors as possible.

surely it wouldnt be too hard to include this into the game, perhaps a calculation in the programme that increases the average fee and wage by a certain percentage every year?

surely it wouldnt be too hard to include this into the game, perhaps a calculation in the programme that increases the average fee and wage by a certain percentage every year?

It would to a point, and then superinflation would take hold, and the footballing world would either spiral into plainly ridiculous numbers, or it would crash into despair. Inflation doesn't support the long term games.

I holidayed to 2120 and there are only 2 transfers over £90 million. There are only 8 players earning over 200k a week England, Spain and Italy loaded so it is surprising that Galatasary pay the highest wage in the world at 275k a week.

2120?! lol

Thats amazing. what happens to your original player? I assume you dont live over 100 but simply have retirement forced on you.

Whats the longest an original player can play for?

Thats brilliant Acid burn. Well done.

aww, thats a bit of a let down if im honest.

for me thats another example of unrealism that could be easily remeded with a 'next generation' option.

imagine it. You reach 65-70 and the board are concerned you are becoming a bit senile and want you to 'move upstairs'.

you simply activate this option and your 35 year old son/ daughter take over the reins!!

what you think? lol

Oh what? I'm only about 25 seasons away from that.

Staying 100 is boring :(

My guy was born in 1988 and is still 100 in 2120. I expect they think not many people will play that far. I know nothing about programming but surely it would not be that hard to allow our manager to age past 100.

AB it's probably simpler to get set the limit to 100 as few people play that long. It may only be a small performance increase but I think it's good to have a limit.

This is a bit off topic but bare with me: take minecraft, theoretically it is an unlimited map size but Notch (the dev) had to put a limit in that is the size of twice the world. This is due to technical reasons. It's the same reason why CryEngine 2 was limited. It's theoretically possible but practically its harder.

aww, thats a bit of a let down if im honest.

for me thats another example of unrealism that could be easily remeded with a 'next generation' option.

imagine it. You reach 65-70 and the board are concerned you are becoming a bit senile and want you to 'move upstairs'.

you simply activate this option and your 35 year old son/ daughter take over the reins!!

what you think? lol

You mention unrealism... so you can inform us now many females manage a male professional club.

wow, you sexist pig.

I'd imagine that this is porbably the first response any of your posts have received because i'd imagine they're as ill thought out and offensive as that one.

people like you are what's wrong with this world.

Better yet, tell me how many 12 year old kids, 30 year old salesmen, mid 20's network managers, 56 year old mechanics or 19 year old science students manage football teams?

In real life? None. In FM? I'd bet good money all the above could be found.

wow, you sexist pig.

I'd imagine that this is porbably the first response any of your posts have received because i'd imagine they're as ill thought out and offensive as that one.

have you seen many female managers? ever in the my sisters football age groups their is literally one female coach, times like this is when people need to realise that nobby's post wasn't sexist it was stating an opinion.

What a pathetic response

You clearly don't know what either an opinion or sexist is to say one cannot be the other. I would have hoped your parents raised you better.

On the other hand, if that is a belief you have developed independently it just shows that you are not worth my time beyond this notice that I am ceasing any dialogue with you.

wow, you sexist pig.

That's a perfect example of political correctness gone mad. If anything his post gives an example of sexism in football. If he had said 'there's no female managers, that's a good thing', then I'd agree with you. People like YOU are what's wrong with the world.

no you are wrong. he is denying the possibility of female managers within a video game because they have not existed previously within the real sport of football.

He is denying the right of female progression and empowerment thought poorly constucted conservatism. He is advocating forcing women to deny their gender to enjoy a video game and in doing so, instill the belief that their accomplishments will always be limited because they are not a man.

To speak of political correctness gone mad is quite laughable really. To argue that sexism exists therefore sexism should permeate further shows that you truly do not understand the problem.

I will not let you attempt to attack the validity of the argument by attempting to sully my reputation.

You will address and counter the points i make in a reasoned manner or you shall not interact with me at all.

I will not let you attempt to attack the validity of the argument by attempting to sully my reputation.

You will address and counter the points i make in a reasoned manner or you shall not interact with me at all.

Well ok, what I took from his very brief post is that the game is not entirely realistic, for example, there are very few, if any female managers in (mens) football, yet the player, quite rightly, gets to choose their gender at the start of the game, therefore, the inclusion of inflation is an unnecessary feature to add realism to the game. He could just as easily have used say, the fact that football clubs without shareholders always pay dividends at the end of the year to illustrate his point.

Don't blame Nobby for the lack of female managers in mens football.

no, he takes offence at the singular idea that a player should be allowed to have a setting where their daughter takes over from them at retirement.

It is important to note that he does not disagree with the mechanic, but rather the fact that a female could be part of it.

now you see the reality of the situation, you must be offended?

no you are wrong. he is denying the possibility of female managers within a video game because they have not existed previously within the real sport of football.

He is denying the right of female progression and empowerment thought poorly constucted conservatism. He is advocating forcing women to deny their gender to enjoy a video game and in doing so, instill the belief that their accomplishments will always be limited because they are not a man.

To speak of political correctness gone mad is quite laughable really. To argue that sexism exists therefore sexism should permeate further shows that you truly do not understand the problem.

It's a scientific fact that you can't be in two places at the same time. So while the women are in the kitchen making the half-time bacon butties it's impossible for them to be in the dugout where the men are taking care of the important stuff.

Understand?

now you see the reality of the situation, you must be offended?

Not really, it takes a lot for me to get offended at anything. Maybe he shouldn't have used that example, saying 'women' and 'football' in a sentence is like a red rag to a bull for you PC types.

so by identifying "you PC types" as separate to your own views, you accept that you group yourself with -for example- sexists/racists/islamaphobes and other non-PC types?

again you have reverted to trying to sully me rather than maturely discuss important issues. I shall put you on ignore now.

so by identifying "you PC types" as separate to your own views, you accept that you group yourself with -for example- sexists/racists/islamaphobes and other non-PC types?

again you have reverted to trying to sully me rather than maturely discuss important issues. I shall put you on ignore now.

Not at all. By PC types I mean the sort of person who isn't happy unless they've got some cause to rally round and protest about. In this case its perceived sexism. And I would probably be sexist if it wasn't for a female friend I have who I care a lot about, and would be very upset if she was discriminated against due to her gender.

I see you've reverted to trying to sully me by calling me sexist and racist though instead of maturely discussing important issues.

I wouldn't shout about that if i were you. You'll give people ideas.

This thread is a good example of what's wrong with this forum. A perfectly legitimate question is asked, then it descends into madness.

Going back to the OP - It would be hard for SI to include this, simply because they won't know the rate of inflation in future years. Plus it's meaningless because we are playing the game in 2010/11 and will interpret players value/wage based on today's real-life value/wage. Inflation in-game would confuse things.

Archived