Greatest comebacks!

wba.png

On FM09 - lost 2:1 away, thought I'd walk the home leg...

Seven minutes in - I'm another goal down. Shakhov got sent off before half time and everything looked completely lost when Jankovic received another straight red. I pretty much gave up all hope but screamers from Fleck and Dzagoev put the game into extra-time.

I used up all my subs which meant I was down to EIGHT men when McCarthy got injured. Two minutes later, despite my sensible "stick everyone that's left in the box and pray we hold out for penalties" approach, Dzagoev bagged another ridiculous goal from thirty yards out and won me the game.

The most entertaining match I've had on FM, by far.

IIRC the match was in FM2005. After destroying Schalke in the first leg of the Quarter finals of the CL 5-1 at home I rested key players ahead of the 2nd leg thinking I was through. 5-1 them by the end of the game to take it to extra time. Was panicking as they went ahead 6-1 and was angry with myself for underestimating the opposition. THEN the single greatest moment of FM ever occured. 119th minute and we get a corner. Michael Rensing (he was one of the best keepers in FM05 oh how times have changed) headed in the goal that put as through on away goals. I have had a lot of real life excitement in football being an avid fan of Arsenal and watching their journey to the 05/06 final was particularly great but never have I screamed and shouted as loud as when that goal went in.

I would post a screenie but mine was on FM 08.

Euro 2008 final: England (me) vs Holland

Without Wayne Rooney since the first group game because of a knee injury. Played Owen and Ashton up front for the rest of the tournament including the final.

Was 4-0 down at half time and I told the players to win it for the fans (have no idea why!)

4-1 within 30 seconds of the restart through Owen.

4-2 in 75th through Ashton

4-3 in 85th through Ashton

4-4 in 90th through Gerrard

5-4 in 99th through Ashton!!!!!!!!!

Archived