Wage budget less than agreed

Firstly, apologies if something similar has been posted before, but I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything on it.

I'm currently managing Bath and have just got them promoted to the Championship. I'd been previously working on a wage budget of around 36k, but with the promotion I've been offered 65k plus a transfer budget of 150k to get a respectable league position in the new season. I then check my finances and my wage budget is down to 19k!! Especially annoying as I can't afford to offer our out-of-contract wonderboy midfielder a new deal after turning down a 3.2M bid for him in January. Earlier in the season I had a message saying the board had had to pay off a 2M debt to keep the club going into administration so I wouldn't be surprised if that had a lot to do with it (though nothing more had been mentioned about this before or after that one solitary message), but I'm not sure why this wasn't mentioned on the 'seasons expectations' screen. Has anyone else come across this scenario before?

• SI Staff
Firstly, apologies if something similar has been posted before, but I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything on it.

I'm currently managing Bath and have just got them promoted to the Championship. I'd been previously working on a wage budget of around 36k, but with the promotion I've been offered 65k plus a transfer budget of 150k to get a respectable league position in the new season. I then check my finances and my wage budget is down to 19k!! Especially annoying as I can't afford to offer our out-of-contract wonderboy midfielder a new deal after turning down a 3.2M bid for him in January. Earlier in the season I had a message saying the board had had to pay off a 2M debt to keep the club going into administration so I wouldn't be surprised if that had a lot to do with it (though nothing more had been mentioned about this before or after that one solitary message), but I'm not sure why this wasn't mentioned on the 'seasons expectations' screen. Has anyone else come across this scenario before?

Its likely to be to do with the debt/administration - was that message before or after your budget came in?

(if it was before then did you sign any players after you got the budget? - if so that might have pushed the club into insecurity again and forced the budget down, but you should get a message if that happens)

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply. The message came well before the budget, as in around 6 months before. I didn't sign any new players after the budget (in fact, the very first thing I did after the budget was to try and offer the player I mentioned a new contract, which it turns out I couldn't afford to do - at no point was there a message saying that the budget figures had been altered) and I'm almost certain I didn't buy any new players in that 6 month period after receiving that administration message (the last new player bought would've been in the August transfer window of that previous season).

Luckily I've got a save point in December of that promotion season so I can just go back then and play out the rest of the season again. I guess it's fair that after having the board pay out to avoid admin there would be some budget repercussions, but I just thought that it was a bit weird that there was no message advising of this, and especially strange that I'd be given one set of budget figures and then (as soon as I agreed to them) they were reduced so drastically.

• SI Staff
Sure, I'd be happy to. Is there a way to email a save file from an iPod (preferably without having to synch with iTunes on the PC)?

I'm afraid the only way I know to obtain them is to transfer it through the file sharing system in iTunes on PC or Mac ...

Archived