Selling players for more than they are worth?

Not for cheating - just a bit more cash.....

As per my other thread about contract renewals it looks like I'll be selling De Jong & K.Toure from my Man City team in Dec 2012 as they're deals are up in June 2013 and I always try to get cash instead of losnig on a free. I've also transfer listed Santa Cruz just now. The players are respectively valued at £4M, £2.5M & £1.7M.

All 3 would be regulars for teams in the premiership, Toure is stil solid, De Jong starts every game for Holland and Santa Cruz would easily play for a few premiership teams. I'd really prefer to get £7M each for all 3 - i think the AI is deffo undervaluing them, the above amounts are paltry.

Anyone got any advise or luck with selling players for more than their value? In my experience no one bids and everyone is normally scared off.

You have said "I don't need these players and they don't have long left on there contract" and you wonder why they are being offered to be brought for under the price. Think.

Not sure I'd agree that people would pay much for Santa Cruz given his injury problems. I have sold transfer-listed players for more than their value but generally it's when other teams are already showing interest and it's rarely for more than double their value.

One problem you may have is that your players are on very high wages. In most cases Man City's players are on a lot more than their talent would normally warrant and that means clubs will be reluctant to bid for them knowing they'll want big money. It's the same problem that's been reported about them tryingto offload Adebayor IRL.

Like Mike J says, wages are a huge factor in trying to sell a player. As Liverpool manager i was trying to get rid of Reina (2015) he was worth £19m and i offered him out for £13m, no bids. So i used 'a certain editing tool' and dropped his wages and bonus payments down and tried again and got 3 bids straight away.

one thing is sure - player has to play to be sold. Otherwise no one wants him. Just take a two talented players of my team - Hazard & Thiago. They have similar PA. Hazard plays a lot, Barcelona offers me 48 millions euros for him. Thiago plays only in reserves and no club wants him, even when I offered him for 0. When I have young player who isn't making it to the first team, I try to loan him, even to my feeder club just to let him play...

Give them a few games, let teams become interested in them, then offer them out at a ridiculous amount. Teams will often come down and meet you somewhere in the middle.

But then, I tend to sell players while they are first team, flying, but when I know I have a kid that can make their position his own within a few months.

Archived