I'm not saying this is a bug, but wow it's annoying!

So after a very dodgy season I had just confirmed survival in League 2 with a win at Walsall, with 3 games to spare, and my contract running out at the end of the season. I was undecided as to whether or not I wanted to stay on (I'm Banbury Utd and feel I've taken them as far as I can - it's been a success, 3 promotions see us playing the football league but with our extraordinarily low budget/reputation we are unable to attract many decent players. I'm sure I can make a go of it over time but this is my journeyman save and I'm thinking of jumping ship now after a very average season. So having sealed survival, I decided to go on holiday for the final 3 games to bring the end of my contract nearer... I return the day after our last game, and flick through my many Unread messages... only to see I had a contract extention offer which was apparently ACCEPTED by me! There was no option as I went on holiday to accept/reject/delay contract offers, no mention of them at all. I ceretainly wouldn't have accepted it.

I know it probably serves me right for buggering off on hols before the end of the season, but surely this shouldn't happen in the game. I should at least get a pop-up, your assistant has rung you as it's an emergency - Banbury have laid an offer on the table! Or at least the board could wait til I return at the end of the season, which would still be some weeks before my contract expires.

I know I can still apply for jobs and move on, but I was really hoping to let my contract run down and leave amicably :mad:

It would definitely cause more grief if people going on holiday constantly rejected new deals and ended up out of a job.

With logic, the decision is understandable. I would say a preferred solution would be to end the holiday when you're offered a contract, but would that mess up the long term testing?

Archived