Youth and training upgrades canceled?!

During my fourth season at Real Oviedo, the board grants my request to upgrade the youth and training facilities (for the second time in this save). everything is cruising along nicely, little blue bars are making their march towards the right side of the screen. Then, after the season, just as the upgrades were set to be finished, I get a notice that says the chairman is canceling the projects! "There's no money" he claims, rather disingienuously. I had $8 million in the bank, more than the entire club was worth when I took over! so what gives?

Has this happened to anyone else? The bars are still on the boardroom screen, but now they are red, mocking me. Will I ever get the chance to buy some more damn treadmills or whatever it is I need to improve my youth striker's 9 pace?

I also got this yesterday going into my 2nd season with Peterborough, very frustrating!

Because the bars are still full but are red i am hoping that they are just waiting on more money before finishing them off but i have no idea if this happens, wishful thinking on my part i think.

The weird thing is, the bars left from the previous upgrades turned red too. The training facilities didn't get downgraded or anything, so I don't understand why.

Has anyone ever had this and gotten the upgrades at a later date?

Archived