Transfer Deadline Day

Do you wait till the last day of the window to make your signings?? I never used to but now I do sometimes wait till the last day to do my business. The excitement of of identifying players, scouting and buying, all in one day. But is there any benefit of waiting till the last day?? Are players cheaper?? I was looking for some experience for my young Premiership side and managed to get some good bargains.

I think this feature could be made more of, not sure how, maybe more managers wait till the last day so a flood of transfers happen and that big one for £30mil +.

Never, players are almost always more expensive unless their current club is desperately trying to shift them. I try and get the majority of my business sorted out well before the window even opens.

The AI seems to do the same as me, you see the odd deadline day deal but it's quite rare to get the dramatic days we've had a few times in recent years.

It would be nice if there were a few more AI "panic buys" I reckon. Not a stupid amount, but there is never any big deals on deadline day, from what I've seen at least (regarding FM, obviously). Could always put a message on the last day, similar to the one at the start of the window with speculation as to who is going where. Could be a nice touch, superficial but still interesting.

I always find that I get a player cheaper on deadline day.

For example: I went for a striker, can't remember who, halfway through the window and his club asked for £26 million.

Went back on deadline day and they asked for £15 million. :)

The real life advantages and disadvantages of the different times of the transfer window aren't really implemented in the game - I'm hoping this will be improved on significantly for the next version.

My point was I made a bid for Victor Moses for 6mil on deadline day Jan and the deal was wrapped up before midday. Wigan didn't sign another player, IRL Wigan would have tried to sign a replacement of some sort as I just took their best player. Just think if it does happen the AI should be quick to respond.

Archived