What do -6 and -7 equate to in terms of PA?

there was once a thread giving the range of PA for these minus numbers, but that was years ago and i cant find it.

well, it's my game and i've decided to give myself a fighting chance by setting PA to the upper range of -6 and -7 to give myself a fighting chance. wont tell you who my team are but we're about to lose all our best players IRL so it's time to build for the future!:)

thanks if you have the answer to this.....

I have seen some -5 and -4 players, seems a bit pointless.. they may as well be given a set value.

The researchers aren't magic though. It's to say "We think this player has this much potential, but we can't even begin to guess at where they'll end up"

-6 players could make it in the premiership, not as first team regulars but certainly as squad players if in the 115 - 120 bracket. Difficult to get yes, but there will be some and they will be capable of it, newly promoted teams especially would be relying on such players in bit-part roles through the season to help them out.

I have seen some -5 and -4 players, seems a bit pointless.. they may as well be given a set value.

Why is it pointless?

No more so than having any negative ranges, if -4 & -5 ranges are pointless so are all the others, everyone might as well have a set value.

FWIW I like the idea of set ranges, it means a little bit of random from save to save.

Why is it pointless?

No more so than having any negative ranges, if -4 & -5 ranges are pointless so are all the others, everyone might as well have a set value.

FWIW I like the idea of set ranges, it means a little bit of random from save to save.

Personal preference. I just think the minus ratings should be for -7 and above. Prospects of potential international class. Players of under that could have a set value. It's sometimes difficult to get the players to their potential anyway, without having a low potential that changes from game to game.

Otherwise you could have -3, -2, -1 and no one have set values then, make it all (sort of) random.

Personal preference. I just think the minus ratings should be for -7 and above. Prospects of potential international class. Players of under that could have a set value. It's sometimes difficult to get the players to their potential anyway, without having a low potential that changes from game to game.

Otherwise you could have -3, -2, -1 and no one have set values then, make it all (sort of) random.

Urm, we do.

As Ackter has pointed out those lower potential players might mean nothing to you if you constantly play with bigger teams but other people play with lower league teams and their -4/-5 players are no different to your -8/-9 players when put into context.

The number of leagues that get and require -7+ players is far outnumbered by the leagues that require and get -6 and below. In England alone there is 5 supported leagues alone with teams who would love -5/-6 players. In the championship they would also be pretty decent players potentially and as I said before could play a role for some of these teams in the premiership too.

Also, there is the case that really before attributing a player a solid, fixed PA he should have played some games for the first team or a first team somewhere. At least then you have a more accurate view of what the player is like.

Archived