Does consistency with age?

I have scouted a couple of young players and they would be first team starters allready, they're aged 17 and 18.

The only thing that is putting me off signing them is that it says in the scout report than they are both fairly inconsistant.

I was just wandering if they would get must consistant as they got older?

EDIT sorry the title is supposed to say Does consistency improve with age?

I have scouted a couple of young players and they would be first team starters allready, they're aged 17 and 18.

The only thing that is putting me off signing them is that it says in the scout report than they are both fairly inconsistant.

I was just wandering if they would get must consistant as they got older?

EDIT sorry the title is supposed to say Does consistency improve with age?

Mental stats will improve as the player becomes more experienced but I don't know about consistency. I would have thought that attribute was more ingrained into the players psyche.

To be honest I never let it worry me overly because your scouts can get things wrong, and you never know how a player might react to a different manager. Going somewhat back on what I said above, it might be the relationship that player has with you, or other plyers that determines their levels of concistency. It may just be because they're lazy and have days when they just can't be bothered. You could no doubt alter that by giving them boosts when they play well and getting them to train with a senior pro.

If they'd get in your first team, and you can get them at a bargain price and wage, then go for it. There is a clause that allows you to increase their wage after so many games. See if they will go for that. Then if they meet your expectations they'll get a bonus after so many games. If they don't then it's que sera, as the French say. :applause:

However consistency barely improves on a player's career in FM11, when checking saves with 10 year difference on FM Scout, the average improvement of that hidden attribute was 2 points. I think that Consistency should improve more or have a better starting value on newgens.

Archived