Players from relegation...

Hello, I wanted to bring up a query with how hard it is to sign players from relegated teams from the premier league to the championship. Time and time again in real life we see many players leave relegated teams on the cheap or walk out because their contract is over, also the financial circumstances change and can no longer cope with the wage bill.

On football manager Bolton dropped into the championship and the only player i want from them is Gary Cahil who is valued at 3.5 million. I made the initial offer of 3.5 million, I talk to the press and admire the player. I make a new bid of 5 million which is also rejected while cahil revels in my praise for him. I eventually stop making offers for him at the 9 million pound mark!

Should it be easier to sign players from relegated teams?

Do the players demand a transfer request if you repeatldly try to sign them?

Could this be implemented in football manager 2012?

Wolf

Some players are just happy to stay where they are just like some clubs realise who their key players are and their importance relative to their ambition (and Bolton would want to get out of the Championship ASAP).

I agree with that but most players want to play in the premier league. Like Birmingham have released a few players and teams are now after Johnson and Dann their best defenders. I cannot see them stick around in the championship.

In all farness if i was Bolton manager on the game and we were relegated and some Prem 'big boy' came in with a £5m offer despite you praising him id just laugh it would have to be £9m plus im afraid, ive found at most clubs yes they dont leave year 1 (which isnt very accurate i agree) but if not re-promoted then they all leave 2nd year, altho alot of the time they are offered out as soon as the club is relegated and are relatively cheap, i picked up N'zogbia for £3.5m on a couple of occasions

I picked up Phil Jones from Blackburn as soon as they were relegated for 3 million pounds. (This was in my second season if that helps)The inbox message indicated that the board determined that the offer was too good to turn down, but I know that he was valued at more than that

Cahill can be bought for around £6 million at the very start. I tried to sign Jack Rodwell but Everton wanted £25 million when they got relegated he still cost £15 million. I am guessing it varies depending on how good the player is.

Cahill can't do anything about his club rejecting a derisory offer. He has a min fee release of 17.5m, so i think they're within their right to ask for more. 8m is not enough.

I always pay what i think is right for the player, based on reputation IRL aswell. I just wouldn't pay 6-8m for Cahill in the game if i knew that he costs more than twice that in life. Silly, i know, but it adds to the challenge. Though West Ham went down in my save, and i get offered Parker for 4.5m, which is a bargain.

Cahill can't do anything about his club rejecting a derisory offer. He has a min fee release of 17.5m, so i think they're within their right to ask for more. 8m is not enough.

I always pay what i think is right for the player, based on reputation IRL aswell. I just wouldn't pay 6-8m for Cahill in the game if i knew that he costs more than twice that in life. Silly, i know, but it adds to the challenge. Though West Ham went down in my save, and i get offered Parker for 4.5m, which is a bargain.

What a strange way to play the game but each to their own I guess. I pay what ever the AI want if it is too high I pull out of the deal, I could never play as you do simply because some players will cost a lot more that they would in real life. Not being funny but why do you play this way?

Depends how critical the player is as well. Middlesbrough kept David Wheater in the Championship for a season and a half when they went down even though EPL sides were after him because they could afford him, and didn't want him to leave.

Depends on their financial security as well. I've seen sides relegated instantly offer out half of their squad, while other sides have barely put anyone on the transfer list.

Archived