Darren BENT

they are fine if used properly he will bang in the goals as in real life, but i have a small feeling his stats might go up this summer, after he left sunderland to sign for Villa, dont know why but im expecting it.

Personally after watching him play over the last 5 months, I would say his off the ball is massively underrated as he is always stretching defences with his movement, either that or i'm just so used to not seeing strikers move at Villa he seems extraordinarily good.

I agree with the OP. I find his stats are under rated considering he has been scoring goals at the highest levels for a long time. In fact, I wonder how many other premiership players have been as consistent as he has for as long as he has.

I think his off the ball is way to low for a striker of his caliber. I also think his first touch and technique are a bit low. Surely a top striker who plays on the shoulders of defenders would have a better first touch?

I agree with the OP. I find his stats are under rated considering he has been scoring goals at the highest levels for a long time. In fact, I wonder how many other premiership players have been as consistent as he has for as long as he has.

I think his off the ball is way to low for a striker of his caliber. I also think his first touch and technique are a bit low. Surely a top striker who plays on the shoulders of defenders would have a better first touch?

First-touch has nothing to do with playing off the shoulders of players. I'm sure there are a lot of strikers who try to play the offside trap who have a first-touch ressembling a Darron Gibson effort from range.

Does he perform realistically within the game?

More or less, yes.

He is fine.

By that logic every player performs unrealistically within the game is not fine, but when users start calling certain players too overpowered, what do researchers and programmers reply? "His attributes are fine." and "We can't tune down a player just because the match engine favours his set of attributes."

First-touch has nothing to do with playing off the shoulders of players. I'm sure there are a lot of strikers who try to play the offside trap who have a first-touch ressembling a Darron Gibson effort from range.

So a player who beats the off side trap to run onto the end of a through ball or flick on doesn't need a good touch to set himself up with a goal scoring chance?

I think you will find it's quite important. Your first touch is one of the most important aspects when through on goal as it puts you into a good position for a comfortable finish or even being able to position yourself in front of the defender so if he touches you, he's in trouble.

His off the ball isn't high because he's consistently the player who has the most offsides or is up there at the end of the season probably. His first touch should be about 2 as well, worst part of his game. That was probably the main reason he didn't go to the World Cup, that and Capello is a prat.

Agbonlahor isn't overrated at all, his stats are spot on. As for Bent his off the ball should probably be 15-16, although he scores plenty of goals if played right, can be almost a goal a game, so he probably is not underrated at all.

He's not overrated - sure, if you look at his visible stats and make a snap judgement based on them, then 14 for finishing doesn't seem right, but play a few seasons, either controlling a team with him in it or not, and it's plain to see that he performs similarly to real-life, he scores a lot of goals.

So a player who beats the off side trap to run onto the end of a through ball or flick on doesn't need a good touch to set himself up with a goal scoring chance?

I think you will find it's quite important. Your first touch is one of the most important aspects when through on goal as it puts you into a good position for a comfortable finish or even being able to position yourself in front of the defender so if he touches you, he's in trouble.

I think his first-touch should be improved if his first-touch is not as good as reality as it is in-game - not because he plays on the shoulders of other strikers.

Otherwise you're going to have to say that Adebayor likes drifting wide, therefore his crossing needs to be improved. No! If Adebayor likes drifting wide, he needs to have a "Moves into channels" PPM. If his crossing needs to be improved, it should purely be because his crossing isn't as good as it is in-game compared to reality.

I'm not denying first-touch is important for strikers who play on the shoulder of defenders, but that doesn't mean his first-touch needs to be raised. It should only be raised if too low in-game - not because of his playing style.

since he scores 10-18 goals a season in my game I'd say he's fine. He's an poacher plain and simple and the poacher attributes are all around 15. If he scores plenty of goals when used correctly how can you complain?

I think his first-touch should be improved if his first-touch is not as good as reality as it is in-game - not because he plays on the shoulders of other strikers.

I'm not denying first-touch is important for strikers who play on the shoulder of defenders, but that doesn't mean his first-touch needs to be raised. It should only be raised if too low in-game - not because of his playing style.

Agreed. Thats basically what I was trying to say. I could have worded my post a bit better.

Archived