Private player chats and relationships

There is something that has always bugged me. It's probably a silly question, but it's something I feel I'd like to know.

Every so often you will have something you would like to say to a player but the only ay to find out if you can say it is to start a private chat. Then you find out that you can't actually say that because there is no option or it's greyed out. I just had the actual situation play itself out with a youth prospect of mine. I wanted to send him on loan to a feeder club but wanted to let him know why. I started a chat and, as often is the case, there was nothing I could say.

I always wondered how it affects the player when I do that though. If you don't say anything does it alter any relationship between you and that player, or does the fact nothing happened just cancel the whole situation? It just seems a bit odd to me. If I get called in to the office at work and my manager says 'that's all, bye' then I'm going to be a bit perplexed.

This isn't really the thread for this but in FM12 I really would like to see options to make it more intuitive to hold private chats. I'd rather this thread doesn't turn in to a bashing of SI over private chats, should anyone reply.

Player interaction is a feature that is evolving with every edition of FM. It's better than it was, but it's still far from ideal.

Your example is somewhat hit-and-miss. When I offer players out on loan sometimes they say they're looking forward to it; sometimes they feel they're too good.

When i accept a request to loan a player who wasn't listed, sometimes the player, or one of my players, or one of their players will say it's a great decision.

These things aren't really random, but they depend on the hidden attributes, perceived squad status and things that you really have to pay attention to, that takes the dedication of an SFraser rather than us mere mortals.

I agree with your last paragraph; hopefully it will evolve further in FM12.

Player interaction is a feature that is evolving with every edition of FM. It's better than it was, but it's still far from ideal.

Your example is somewhat hit-and-miss. When I offer players out on loan sometimes they say they're looking forward to it; sometimes they feel they're too good.

When i accept a request to loan a player who wasn't listed, sometimes the player, or one of my players, or one of their players will say it's a great decision.

These things aren't really random, but they depend on the hidden attributes, perceived squad status and things that you really have to pay attention to, that takes the dedication of an SFraser rather than us mere mortals.

I agree with your last paragraph; hopefully it will evolve further in FM12.

I agree with everything you said and I am starting to get a better feel for what I might possibly be able to say. I just have this awkward feeling that if I call some young lad in to the office and then have no option to say what I want to say then what does that do to in game relationships. Is he bemused and think less highly of me, or is the whole situation nullified? I sometimes wonder if I should just pick out an option and try my luck at the bullseye.

I just hit back... I don't hit "I think this conversation is over" same as I don't ever "walk away" from a contract negotiation...

Isn't that akin to locking your players in a small room and keeping them there? I can see it now;

'Sam, lad, come into my office, I want a word with you.'

You leave, closing and locking the door on Sam.

'Boss? Boss!'

Isn't that akin to locking your players in a small room and keeping them there? I can see it now;

'Sam, lad, come into my office, I want a word with you.'

You leave, closing and locking the door on Sam.

'Boss? Boss!'

lol! :D

no, it's like "turning back the clock" as in the conversation never happened...

Archived