Hidden attributes

I have a suggestion concerning the hidden attributes. I think that some of those should become visible after some time. One example, following recent discussions in this forum, is goalkeeper concentration. If the goalie is not widely known, or haven't played in a while, it should be hidden. But I think it's fair enough for you to be able to see the consistency of a keeper that has been securing your posts for the last two seasons.

It would be a nice addition that could come in the shape of an extra screen, which could contain attributes that you've learned about through time. Attributes concerning personality should also be revealed, maybe after the player lists you as a favourite person, for example.

I think it is a good idea but I think some hidden attributes should be hidden as it makes the game a bit more of an enigma and a bit more fun (bare in mind you could have fog of war on to attribute mask unknown players).

You missed the point here:

1. Of course some attributes should be *always* hidden, such as potential ability.

2. What I suggest is a type of *fog of war*, but for certain attributes that are now always hidden, but that should be visible after some time (as explained before).

Actually, the fog of war mention gave me an idea for a new topic...

• SI Staff
I have a suggestion concerning the hidden attributes. I think that some of those should become visible after some time. One example, following recent discussions in this forum, is goalkeeper concentration. If the goalie is not widely known, or haven't played in a while, it should be hidden. But I think it's fair enough for you to be able to see the consistency of a keeper that has been securing your posts for the last two seasons.

It could be argued that if he's been your keeper for two seasons then you should 'know' from his performances ... ?

PS - I do agree with some aspects of the hidden attributes however which is why I've made the coach reports on the iPad version in 2.5 reveal 'some' exceptional attributes which aren't visible enough at present - please note that consistency isn't one of these (its mainly things like 'free kick taking', 'corner taking' etc.).

It could be argued that if he's been your keeper for two seasons then you should 'know' from his performances ... ?

I don't know about that. I struggle to get my keepers having an overall rating above 7, as discussed in another topic.

I don't know about that. I struggle to get my keepers having an overall rating above 7, as discussed in another topic.

If you play a pretty offensive style your goalie will never reach high ratings. Always abandoned by his team mates - :-)

Oliver

I do not hang aroung these forums much, so forgive me if this is a common subject. But I fully agree with OP and think that this is the most important matter for FM12.

It's been reported (confirmed, even) around the forums that personalities play a big role in player performances and youth development. An indicator is of course the personality description, but not that much can be gathered from that and the only way to know what some of the descriptions mean is by guides where scout programs have been used. Although, to some extent, some hidden attributes are needed for keeping the game interesting (realistic even), I don't think it's reasonable that I, after managing a player for five years, have NO idea of his level of professionalism or ambition.

My suggestion is that attributes like ambition, professionalism, loyalty, pressure and sportsmanship start off rather clouded but as you, and your backroom staff, spend time with the players become more and more visible and accurate. Perhaps using graphical bars we can at least get an idea of the various aspects of the players personality.

This way it would be rewarding with long-term thinking. The more time my staff and I spend with the same players, the more we get to know them. Seeing as how tutoring (which now is completely unexplained and left to guessing) is VITAL to development I think it only fair, and a lot funnier, to have a better view of the players personalities.

I think it would also add to the players 'coming alive' and not just being pass-n-shoot-numbers.

• SI Staff
I don't think it's reasonable that I, after managing a player for five years, have NO idea of his level of professionalism or ambition.

I agree with you - however if a player has exceptionally high (or low) professionalism or ambition this is shown on his personality description in his profile.

(can't remember when I added that in tbh - might have been one of the later FMHi 2010 updates even, has been there for a while)

...the coach reports on the iPad version in 2.5 reveal 'some' exceptional attributes which aren't visible enough at present - please note that consistency isn't one of these (its mainly things like 'free kick taking', 'corner taking' etc.).

Never seen just one - not visible enough might be an understatement?

:lol::lol::lol:

Take care

Oliver

Archived