I'm managing Wrexham and have got them from the Blue Square to the Championship in around 6 years, with some bad luck in Play-offs and Last Day Deciders! But my teams have been heavily based on higher division loans as my budget has been £45 for the duration and it still hasnt changed whilst being in the championship! But now Premier League Teams are asking for upfront fees for players that just last year I had for no fee and no wages! WHy is this? Is it because I am becoming a risk to them being in a higher division or what? But it seems to be every player now commands a fee! It's really hurting me as i'm 6 games in and have just picked up my first win!

Also my board will not bring me back a parent club when they tell me they are searching for one!

Thanks for any help/ information

funny enough i posted the exact same problem, and i was also wrexham, just got to the champ a little quicker thanks to my brazilian striker. my sqaud is bare minimum because i been using loan's now i cant get no-1 in, i must sell even more of my 9 man sqaud, and to make things worse on my finance sheet, it says i get 5% of transfer revenue in. the highets valued player at the club is £825,000 so for 5% i cant even strengthen in one positon

9 man squad? Typo, surely?

No-one would survive with a 9-man squad, eh?

You would be surprised at how poor the wage budget increase is for promotion. I'm now in the Championship and my wage budget is 2k less a week than when I was in League 2. On top of that you have the wage rise for promotion so you are constantly facing a battle of keeping a large enough squad but have enoguh quality players to compete.

Without being able to loan players for cheap, it becomes really difficult in the championship. All my gate receipts seem to pay off my non-footballing costs (1.5m for a league 1 side!). So as you can imagine, my debt racks up and up. I've only speak 10k getting Darlington from BSP to Championship and sold 1.5m worth of players. Im still 3m in the red.

Welcome to overinflation. That's the reason Scunthorpe continue to wobble between League 1 and the Championship - although they can afford League 1 costs, the Championship costs are too high for them to maintain a push at it. They're one of the few clubs at that level to be turning a (very small) profit.

Best of luck, but your ability is outshining the clubs ability to bring in additional income. Either you're gonna have to play the yo-yo club for a while or move on I'm afraid.

Welcome to overinflation. That's the reason Scunthorpe continue to wobble between League 1 and the Championship - although they can afford League 1 costs, the Championship costs are too high for them to maintain a push at it. They're one of the few clubs at that level to be turning a (very small) profit.

Best of luck, but your ability is outshining the clubs ability to bring in additional income. Either you're gonna have to play the yo-yo club for a while or move on I'm afraid.

That's my biggest fear really, spending a few years yoyoing around before the club catches up with me.

When I got promoted to the Championship, the club signed a lower sponsorship deal. Work that one out.

Ive found that signing foreigners on loan helps in this situation. Look at France and germany especially. Also having a feeder club always helps as they dont charge a fee for there loan players.

Ive found that signing foreigners on loan helps in this situation. Look at France and germany especially. Also having a feeder club always helps as they dont charge a fee for there loan players.

They don't charge a fee for the ones they choose to send. For the ones that you ask for, they do.

I will check out France and Germany, cheers.

Archived