Mike Phelan: England Manager

5 years down the line, not out of the question. There are plenty of people who believe he could take over from Fergie when he retires, and if that happens and he continues Fergies success then he could always be in contention as an English guy to manage England.

On my game he took over from Fergie, and did a good job.. until the squad aged horribly... now Man Utd are hovering around 8th places season after season :/ How Phelan has kept his job i dont know.. but he is a very well known, and prestigious figure on the game.

Would love to see this in real life, even as a scouser! ive met him a few times a proper good man, a gentleman and a true scholar of football would honestly love him as the next man but feel he needs to manage a championship/lower prem club before he is put under the ridiculous pressure of the England job.

In the game he always takes over from Sir Alex, and always does a Sterling job from what ive seen

He looks like a decent manager. I mean, who else are they going to pick? There are not many English coaches to choose from, and he'll have a good rep and experience of working with top tier players at utd.

Really, if you think this is a strange appointment, then you've seen nothing. Utd hired Christian Gross in one of my saves, after SAF retired :/

Archived