Take A Chance (Player)

What do the scout reports say?

Est value suggests he might have a high potential but he'll be an outside bet to ever reach it. However he is still only 17yo and if I had the money & spare youth slots I would probably give him a chance to see how much improvement I could get.

If you use wing backs scout him out and send your scouts to watch him. Maybe see if you can get him on a trial for a couple of weeks and play him in your U18s or reserves.

If you don't use wing backs then stay away.

Decent wings backs are kind of rare I feel, but I don't know that he'll make a full back.

I'd say no. Physically he's pretty decent, and he has good determination, but apart from that he has shocking technical attributes. He can't tackle, can't cross, can't dribble etc. You'd be better off looking elsewhere :)

Anticipation,Positioning and Tackling too low to be a good full back.. terrible Heading as well.

Bad crossing,first touch.. he looks very poor but he can probably have a good career on the lower leagues with those physical attributes since they are decent.

I've seen players develop with poorish stats, and that's the main reason I'm not overly worried at the values. If you have good coaches then they might be able to turn him into something decent. Couple that with a good expereinced tutor and you might have a find on your hands.

Pay really close attention to what your scouts say. If they say he's inconsistent then definitely leave him alone.

What made you consider him in the first place anyway? Suggested by a scout?

Oh, I should have added. I wouldn't play £775,000 for him. If you can get him cut price or out of contract all the better. Check him out in 6/7 months, just before his contract expires.

What made you consider him in the first place anyway? Suggested by a scout?

not a scout, just looking though the new intake of youth players. He has shocking stats but I've used players like that before and got decent performances out. Also I'm not looking to buy ready-made players, so I need to be creative. I was unsure myself hence the post.

Assuming your in the EPL, or intend to be, id say he wont be good enough. For a start that £775,000 valuation is actually pretty low for an English youth player (why exactly are they all so overpriced??) As an example I just bought a French left back newgen whos 15, his stats are alot better than that guy already but even then my best coach only rates him at 1/2 a star with 4 star potential, so even he is an outside shot of ever fulfilling his potential. Oh and he only cost £900,000... So no I think hes overpriced and wont ever be good enough for first team action.

In fact go searching in the more obscure lower league European clubs (France and Belgium are good) and check their youth teams, youll find people like him all the time, for about 1 tenth of the cost.

EDIT: You ninja'd me, am I to assume by your post above that you already own him? If so no harm keeping him and developing him for a few years, if nothing else to sell for profit.

Nope, not for EPL. Lower leagues, his physical ability and his work rate might be enough in future, but at a top league, not a chance. For a wing back you'd hope he'd be able to cross or dribble, yet he's awful at both, and he's not defensively talented enough to make up for it if you trained him at LB.

That said, if he has high potential he might be ok if you can get him cheap, his mental stats look like they could become respectable, maybe if you trained him extensively on either his defensive or offensive abilities, could be ok.

In fact go searching in the more obscure lower league European clubs (France and Belgium are good) and check their youth teams, youll find people like him all the time, for about 1 tenth of the cost.

EDIT: You ninja'd me, am I to assume by your post above that you already own him? If so no harm keeping him and developing him for a few years, if nothing else to sell for profit.

No I don't own him. But I have been scouting all over Europe. Got a few good Germans, but going on what people have said I won't get him.

But maybe I will I'm intrigued as to how he could turn out. Only problem my squad is full of kids, I only have 3 player who are able to tutor.

Im playing as Ajax and I have that issue as well, in fact I kept Oijer after he was beyond useful purely cause hes professional and able to tutor. If your on a budget look for expire or unattached old players who are nearing retirement with good mental stats who you can sign for nothing to tutor people.

Archived