Money, Money Money......Please.

I started the lvl 10 DB some time ago and have just got Taunton Town into the football league, winning back to back titles and the FA Trophy twice. All is well except for the fact that there seems to be no icrease in revenue for my club. My sponsers have run out and i have a balance of 50k with no wage budget.

I know that in reality any club promoted to the football league would definatly get and increase in revenue from sponsers and if possible money from the chairman.

This isn't a rant i'm just intrested if any one else found this. i even thought about FMRTE to even it out a bit.

Maybe your right but i'd like to establish them in the league first. i,m tryimg to sign some loanees which may help. i think its because the origibnal DB doesn't go down to lvl 11 so only certain teams have background activities like swaping chairmen and club buy outs.

I used FMRTE just to give myself a sponser (only 25k a season) and to give me some wage budget as i'm happy to wheel and deal. Iif i survive and don't get a better bank balance then i may leave.

any tips anyone?

If you know for a fact that the club would/should have money from sponsorship/owners, and it is a fault of the DB/game, then i think it's ok to fmrte it, aslong as you do it at the low level of the scale. It would be fun to make taunton an established league side. But don't give them an advantage over other clubs who get promoted etc. Just do it i reckon :)

I've only given myself some wages with FMRTE to aid getting some frees in. My transfer budget is 29k after selling a good youngster so i don't feel i'm cheating its only to even it out but your right Spud it should only be in comparison to the level. Hopefully my attendances will be even better than last year (ave 1100) as that helped with my wage bill. I'm stilll waiting for that glorious 3rd cup tie away to Man U but it never happens.

Anyone get big money from cup ties?

THe bestway is to try and avoid back to back promotions. The problem is your rep isn't in sync with where you are. Take Norwich, IRL they have been promoted this season yet on FM it never seems to happen... Why? Reputation ;)

Fair point, if i can keep them in the league then they might go up in rep eventually. Its local just now which is an improvement from obscure. Its frustrating to watch decent players pass me by, but i'm confident my squad has what it takes, we won the BSP with ease.

dont quit mate the plum cup tie etc will come along eventually.

iv'e got a great game going with eastwood town finished 6th first season. signed 25 players all youngsters released from prem clubs in the close season and now my ave squad age is 20 got some very promising youngsters who i intend to keep together for the next 2-3 seasons eventually wanna get league football in the next 3 years.

my advice is stick with it mate im 200k plus in the red but im not that concerned as im confident my board will keep me afloat.

i guess it's all down to how much patience you've got on last years version i took my home town club(hucknall town) all the way to prem champions and a new 27k stadium so it can be done mate :)

good luck.

thanks glynnbob thats good advice and sounds like my game as i got a load of young ex premplayers. i'll see how its fairs, i've just got the first round tie of the carling cup so maybe cup runs will be the answer. Don't know if i'll keep them tillthe prem but definatly i'll establish them.

thanks glynnbob thats good advice and sounds like my game as i got a load of young ex premplayers. i'll see how its fairs, i've just got the first round tie of the carling cup so maybe cup runs will be the answer. Don't know if i'll keep them tillthe prem but definatly i'll establish them.

like i say best of luck pal although just noticed your a newcastle fan and im a sunderland season ticket holder helping you!!!

Well i've just been given a nice kit sponsership to go with my general sponser so tha was good. won my first game at home to Bury too. I would do wellington lenzar but you've got to stay true to your roots lol. Not a bad balance now and i'm hoping for some good attendances

Well i've just been given a nice kit sponsership to go with my general sponser so tha was good. won my first game at home to Bury too. I would do wellington lenzar but you've got to stay true to your roots lol. Not a bad balance now and i'm hoping for some good attendances

glad to see your sticking with it mate.

im top of blue sq nth with eastwood after 28 games although at the minute im spending more time on my sunderland save.

did you manage to sign any good prospects like i did ? it seems lower league all you need is pace and hungry young youth players!!!

Yeh my team had an average age of 18-22 with some great young lads released from the prem and champ.

I also got a few over 30's to add experiance. the firsty few seasons where easy as likeyou say pace and youth helped massively but i had some luck in brining in some really good players in season three and in my BSP winning season.

Try Kuami Agboh, Nathan Rooney, Robert McCormick and David Mooney the are big players for me.

just going back to what Flamers said about Norwich and back to back promotions, it does happen in fm as Norwich have just secured promotion to the premier league on my dorchester save just like in real life.

i also achieved back to back promotions with dorchester from BSS to league 2 and haven't looked back since :p id say stay with taunton for another season and if you can keep them up in league 2 then ur rep will improve and more player will join. good look with it though mate

I've only given myself some wages with FMRTE to aid getting some frees in. My transfer budget is 29k after selling a good youngster so i don't feel i'm cheating its only to even it out but your right Spud it should only be in comparison to the level. Hopefully my attendances will be even better than last year (ave 1100) as that helped with my wage bill. I'm stilll waiting for that glorious 3rd cup tie away to Man U but it never happens.

Anyone get big money from cup ties?

I got Banbury United into the L2 and from there on struggled helplessly. We'd won 3 back to back titles but my first season in the football league we came 19th. The next season started just as badly, and I realised with the lack of revenue it was time to move on - I'd literally taken them as far as I could! Now I'm managing in the lower leagues of Norway in charge of Notodden.

Biggest FA Cup money I got at Banbury was around £200k for a 3rd round FA Cup tie away at Derby. That was a WINDFALL for us!

three games unbeaten so far and i've had two home games with about 2800 fans at each one, it looks like i may break even this year if it keeps up. The goodthing about doing a LLM game is that you have to keep a eye on your finances if yor going to make a good go of it.

Archived