How do I increase my club's reputation

I'm currently playing an Ajax save and every few months my key players all complain that they want to move to a bigger club and I give them the "The club will grow if you stay" line and they're fine then. How do I get my reputation to increase from national? How long does it usually take? Does the league have to improve first?

I've already won the double once and reached the semi-final of the Champions League but still the same reputation. Do I have to win the Champions League?

Unfortunately, yes. Long term success for Ajax will lift your reputation, though you'll be helped if other Dutch sides start doing particularly well in Europe too - this should help lift your leagues reputation.

There will be a maximum cap on your reputation based on the current league reputation, though as that increases, the cap will too.

Are there any Dutch sides with a higher reputation than you? If you're outperforming other sides, you should start getting an equal or higher rep than anyone else soon.

Yeah, the aim at that point has to be to do well in Europe - prove to the world that your division can compete with the rest of the sides in Europe.

I've seen varying results as to how long you have to do well for the league rep. to increase.

I have had this problem in Iceland, the only way is to be nice and then tell them to shush. It helps that I'm a club legend so the don't often answer back :)

Hehe me too in Ireland.

Most of the time they're happy with me telling them I'm going to grow the club. But once I had a bad year - not winning the league is a bad year - and one of them didn't believe me. I told him he was being a dick, not in so many words, and he backed down.

Archived