Unrealistic Trends?

I have been playing a game with my Colwyn Bay tea. Played with them for 9 seasons and have taken them all the way up to the Championship. However, on the way up I've noticed that certain trends happen that I feel are rather unrealistic and irritating.

Firstly, injuries. It seems as if there is always at least two injury crisis per season, but the annoying part is that it always affects one part of the team (ie Forwards, defenders.) For example, within the space of just 2 weeks in this current season, I lost my four best strikers for at least a month. The exact same thing has happened in past seasons, sometimes my five best strikers all getting prolonged injuries within weeks of each other. The same applies for defenders. This problem wouldn't be so bad if players were injured at random. It seems that as soon as one goes down, they all do!

Secondly and lastly, form. I believe that a certain trend has NEVER failed to happen in each season. I would go on a patch of good form (say 8 games unbeaten), and then my team would automatically lose the next 3-8 games. A couple of examples: Last season i ent on a run where I got 19 points in 8 games. Immedietly after that, I went on a run in which I only got 1 point in 8 games. Also, in the present season, I had a 16 game unbeaten run, winning the majority of those games and drawing the rest. The next game we lost 1-0 (due possibly to the previous trend where my best strikers all got injured and we had no real goalscorers). Team confidence was still high and morale was still superb all round, yet we have gone on to lose the next 4 games, making 5 straight losses.

Sure, it's not too unrealistic if it happens every few years, but these issues come up on average twice every season. Anyone else getting the same trends, and what are your opinions?

1st one Ive never noticed, 2nd one see it a lot. Team talks are the cause. Probably using the same one too long.

It's difficult to assess the trends when the one variable that will stay constant during that time, is that the person making the decisions is you!!

Injuries could be to do with training workload, natural fitness, players with a poor-ish injury proneness stat (e.g. they're slightly injury prone, but not enough that it is flagged up as a report), style of football. You also can't rule out the element of luck, or lack thereof. Selective memory is a slight issue, too - it may feel like it happens every season, but only because the season it didn't happen isn't therefore memorable in relation to injuries (I can't remember injury crisises at my RL team from more than a couple of years back). Then, there is the question, how unrealistic is it? A number of Premiership teams have struggled with injury crisises this season, and all in the same position.

Form will be related to tactics and team talks. Motivation in an Assistant Manager is good, but without good Man Management or Discipline it might not be all that useful. I don't find it an issue - sometimes my team's are heavily inconsistent, rarely going on runs of good or bad form. Sometimes I go on good runs followed by bad runs. This, again, happens in real life.

I think the best way to judge whether this is a game issue, or a user issue, is to observe these trends in various AI teams.

@Born2killzone I leave my team talks to my assistant who has maximum stat for motivation.

Yes this is all fine, but the assistant is only good when you are on a good run. Once you lose, he doesn't change a thing and then you have to take over yourself - the AI does not know how to turn things around, they just put more and more pressure and more and more negativity on your players the worse you play...

Once you have lost the first match, try to reduce pressure in media and team talks, criticise players that have played below 6.4 (risky, though) in personal interactions and even go to a more defensive tactic in your next game. In other words: once you have lost the second or third game in a row morale starts to drop making it increasingly difficult to turn things around, so be proactive not reactive.

I went from a form of 10 wins and 6 draws in 16 games to a form of 8 losses in 11 games. Thing is, my team morale is said to be excellent. Looking at the squad page the vast majority are either very good or good morale. I've definitely got players to challenge for the title, but it makes no difference. This form happens every season to the point where I can quite accurately predict the games. I usually start with a 10+ unbeaten run, then go 8-10 without winning, then unbeaten run again, then usually end the season on dire form.

Another wierd thing: It doesn't matter how well my team plays in the bad form patches. I've had some games where the shot on goal ratio is something like 30:1 in my favour, with 60-70% possesion in my favour, and I lose the game 1-0. I did some calculations last season, and over a period of 12 games I hit the woodwork on averge 2.3 times per game!

Archived