nPower Football League - Help adjusting to the league rules

Hi guys,

So I have taken Bromley from the BSS up to the nPower Championship League 2.

There are some new rules I need to abide by in terms of the nationality of players. I have decided to not re-new a number of the squad's contracts due to the fact that they simply won't be good enough to play in the nPower League 2 - so they have all left the club on a free transfer.

Now that I have got rid of those players, I have now been left with 15 players in my squad....and only ONE player is English.

I am yet to register players for the league campaign but my league fixtures say that I need at least four players trained by a club in England.

Seeing that I have 15 players in my squad...and only ONE is English...what do you recommend I do? Note: The board have only given me £150,000 to spend on new players for my season budget.

Please help/advise on what I need to do here.

Thanks in advance.

id say go through all prem/championship contract releases scout all the young english players that look half decent 3stars plus put all your transfer budget into wages trust me youll get enough bargains to fill your squad dont panic.

id say go through all prem/championship contract releases scout all the young english players that look half decent 3stars plus put all your transfer budget into wages trust me youll get enough bargains to fill your squad dont panic.

Hey Glynbob...thanks but what do you mean by "go through all prem/championship contract releases"? How do i find these? and my second question is...when i do find them (assuming you will be so kind to tell me how) ...won't these players wages will be too high for me to sign them? Please advise.

Hey Glynbob...thanks but what do you mean by "go through all prem/championship contract releases"? How do i find these? and my second question is...when i do find them (assuming you will be so kind to tell me how) ...won't these players wages will be too high for me to sign them? Please advise.

example click on arsenal>transfers>history>right hand side shows all players they released end of june i.e the ones with free at side click on these and get scout report.

after youve done this with arsenal then aston villa etc until you'e done all prem club's then championship.

As glynnbob said, that is the most effective way (I've found to be) that gets you a good, promising squad. Check the transfer history of those clubs, and offer contracts (or attempt to :p) that you feel are good enough to take the club forward. If they don't work out, you haven't really lost anything, and if they do, you should have a cheap player who can serve the team until he is surplus to requirements. I did that at Dartford, and two players (one I got in League Two, one when I was in League One) went on to become first team players for me in the Premier League.

The day that players are all released on free transfers, you should get a message in yourInbox about it. Click the link in the message, and it shows all the players and the teams they were released from. Go through the list and scout the players who were released from Premiership and Championship teams, or assign a scout to scout England and pick the best players for you. Doing this is much quicker and easier than clicking through each team individually.

The day that players are all released on free transfers, you should get a message in yourInbox about it. Click the link in the message, and it shows all the players and the teams they were released from. Go through the list and scout the players who were released from Premiership and Championship teams, or assign a scout to scout England and pick the best players for you. Doing this is much quicker and easier than clicking through each team individually.

not being funny but doesnt that way give you all the players released from every club? i.e rainworth miners welfare etc?

you can also go to the specially arranged matches for players released from clubs which puts them in the shop window if you will.

As others have said dont worry too much, if you dont have enough players you can always leave spaces, you could have a 21 man squad with no english trained players and be ok.

not being funny but doesnt that way give you all the players released from every club? i.e rainworth miners welfare etc?

Yes, but just click on the clubs tab to put them in alphabetical order of clubs. Then scroll down until you come to a club you want to check out. It's going to take time, but that's what the pre-season is for!!

example click on arsenal>transfers>history>right hand side shows all players they released end of june i.e the ones with free at side click on these and get scout report.

after youve done this with arsenal then aston villa etc until you'e done all prem club's then championship.

OK that makes sense and im doing that right now. Damn, i never thought of doing this before in 3 years of playing this game..haha!.... Thank you Glynbob...(and all the rest of you guys), you've all been very helpful. I shall now go and start building up my squad ready for nPower League 2 football!

OK that makes sense and im doing that right now. Damn, i never thought of doing this before in 3 years of playing this game..haha!.... Thank you Glynbob...(and all the rest of you guys), you've all been very helpful. I shall now go and start building up my squad ready for nPower League 2 football!

best of luck pal, like i say dont panic and it will all turn out rosy in the end im just concentrating on getting eastwood up the leagues now:)

I'm finding it a bit of an embarrassingly good exploit, plundering youths released from Premier League clubs. Managing FC United, I try to sweep up every Man Utd rejected kid going. Very few want to come (maybe 3 in 3 years). However, I've got a lot from Everton (to be fair, Everton go t relegated on the last day of the first season and had to restructure; however, even when they bounced straight back up they were still releasing excellent young players for my level), and a good proportion from mid/lower Premier teams such as Fulham and Wolves release kids who are willing to drop down 4 or 5 levels.

I said above that it would be a bit time-consuming. I'm in my BSC pre-season right now and I requested scout reports on 40 released premier league kids. Of those, I think 32 were not interested, leaving 8 who were. I've signed four, two of whom go straight into my first team. In my opinion, that's a great bit of pre-season work.

P.S. Nice example here - I just signed a Villa reject, Harry Forrester. Lo and behold! Mere hours later I read that IRL Villa have just released him (albeit a year earlier than in my game, tbf)

Archived