Newbee Question

If you were to recommend a version of this game (2010 or 2011, etc.) that is user friendly for a new player which would it be? I have tried playing 2009, but I tended to get over whelmed with all of the moving parts of the game which led to not having much success or fun. I realize that a game such as this has a decent learning curve, but I was hoping that a newer version would allow a new user to pick up the game and start learning certain aspects of the game while assigning other tasks to the computer until I was ready to add to my in game responsibilities. For example, if I were to start out working with tactics, squad and game management, I could assign individual/team training and scouting to the computer (assistant manager)?

I hope I am making sense. I love the sport of football, but I am struggling picking up all of the aspects of this game. I feel if I could start with a smaller piece of the game and build my knowledge base from there, I feel that I would enjoy the game much more.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

If you were to recommend a version of this game (2010 or 2011, etc.) that is user friendly for a new player which would it be? I have tried playing 2009, but I tended to get over whelmed with all of the moving parts of the game which led to not having much success or fun. I realize that a game such as this has a decent learning curve, but I was hoping that a newer version would allow a new user to pick up the game and start learning certain aspects of the game while assigning other tasks to the computer until I was ready to add to my in game responsibilities. For example, if I were to start out working with tactics, squad and game management, I could assign individual/team training and scouting to the computer (assistant manager)?

I hope I am making sense. I love the sport of football, but I am struggling picking up all of the aspects of this game. I feel if I could start with a smaller piece of the game and build my knowledge base from there, I feel that I would enjoy the game much more.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

You can do this in 09, or a lot of it, but in 11 there is more to assign, like match preparation.. you can let your assistant do practically everything for you, and can tailor it so he does as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Be prepared to lose matches, everybody loses matches, especially when you're new and learning. The only way to learn is to do, but you can do it in manageable bits.

For me FM11 is the way to go, it's way beyond FM09 in it's depth :)

I would say 11 for its ease of use features- not that any FM title is easy to learn. Stick with it blazertaz, the rewards for putting the time in are well worth it. I can't think of many better game franchises that suck so much time and still remain compelling even after years.

FM has become hideously complex for a new user. I was introduced to it on CM01/02 with some hotseat play, so I kinda got eased into it.

I'd recommend FM11, BUT, leave on the wizard hints and tips at the start. They might be annoying, and some of them are obvious, but they really are worth it for a newcomer.

wait till the new game comes out your better of still two many bugs in this one and its not going to be fixed as they are now working on the new game and im saying the same thing to you as i said to a friend the other day however if you are after a game id think 11is probably a good one to start with and check around here when the new game comes out jump from 11 to it after you read posts on here etc

wait till the new game comes out your better of still two many bugs in this one and its not going to be fixed as they are now working on the new game and im saying the same thing to you as i said to a friend the other day however if you are after a game id think 11is probably a good one to start with and check around here when the new game comes out jump from 11 to it after you read posts on here etc

I'd imagine that 11.3 would be much more bug free than what fm 12 would be out of the box.

If you want to start learning now definently go with fm 11, fm 09 is regarded on these forums as probably one of the worst versions ever and personally i found it so difficult tactically to do as well as i had on previous versions and on the newer versions since then.

Thanks again for the advice.

I understand the part about losing as not everyone can win right off the start, but it seemed that there was so much to do I always seemed to forget to do something or got lost trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. The more that I can assign to the assistant manager to start, the better. As I get a handle on a certain aspect of the game, I can then take on more responsiblity with the hope of getting to where most of you are all at. :-)

Sounds like I should be making a version upgrade this weekend.

Archived